advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown III?

Took the Mrs on a long walk and then we found a lovely beach and she jumped in . Personally I didn't, especially when I see fido swimming in their too !!!

Took the Mrs on a long walk and then we found a lovely beach and she jumped in . Personally I didn't, especially when I see fido swimming in their too !!!
Fish do all their poo in there too, you know. As to your first sentence, it leaves me wondering if she’s allowed on the sofa at home…

A more-positive contribution: getting a few irregulars together for drinks in Baff; a thing of ten yrs +, in fact a post-2009-redundancy shakeout that has persisted amongst friends - always used to take a bit of coordinating at the best of times, but now...'we' are pencilling- in ...a mid-Sept date : )

I was remembering earlier today a very drunken evening in Bath back when I had a job. One of our party, who lived there, suggested we move on from the pub we were drinking in to an 'after hours' place where you paid £1 on the door. (I have no idea where it was in the town, or if it still exists). We found a table upstairs, and one of the group (I will call her Elaine, because that was her name) went downstairs to get the drinks in. She failed to return, so I was sent down to find her. She was at the bar, snogging the barman. The rest of the evening is a bit of a blur. Remarkably I wasn't at all hung over the next day, but felt mildly pissed, so everything was slightly fuzzy round the edges.

I don't know anyone called 'Elaine'; the general shape of the rest of the story, I ...might have passing familiarity with...

I am not now, nor ever have been - a 'barman'

Another memory from that evening: a young woman, whom I will call Jill, going to the gents toilets because she couldn't be arsed queuing up outside the ladies.

I was remembering earlier today a very drunken evening in Bath back when I had a job. One of our party, who lived there, suggested we move on from the pub we were drinking in to an 'after hours' place where you paid £1 on the door. (I have no idea where it was in the town, or if it still exists). We found a table upstairs, and one of the group (I will call her Elaine, because that was her name) went downstairs to get the drinks in. She failed to return, so I was sent down to find her. She was at the bar, snogging the barman. The rest of the evening is a bit of a blur. Remarkably I wasn't at all hung over the next day, but felt mildly pissed, so everything was slightly fuzzy round the edges.
May I ask, did you empty the till and hang about to pull a pint while she was keeping him busy?

Nah, the place was rammed. I just collected the drinks she'd ordered and left her to it. We didn't see her again that evening. Maybe they took her on as a temporary barmaid.

Another memory from that evening: a young woman, whom I will call Jill, going to the gents toilets because she couldn't be arsed queuing up outside the ladies.

Louise does that all the time in bars, pubs, restaurants....

No cherry picker on site so I'm having the day off. I've decided to finish the bedroom floor and paint the skirting boards ready for the new carpet.

Got a lot done early, including a visit to book in my car to sort the shock gaiter (I think that is
what it is?) The usual garage wasn’t happy to look at the dashboard instrumentation lighting issue, so need to find a different place. Bum.

The Stereo is blaring “It’s Raining Men,” which I doubt very much.

Nice mug of tea in my I Love Wales receptacle. I am fussy about (everything) which mug I use for hot drinks.
My instinct tells me that many pfm fishes are very fussy about certain things ? Maybe.

The Music/HiFi room faces East, so curtains remain closed first thing. Good, sounds better I think.
The Wife declared a couple of days ago that she thinks the HiFi sounds better in hot weather.
This is an unusual statement from The Wife, as she rarely comments on sound quality unless heavily prompted. I disagree with The Wife (naturally) and think she is just in a better mood when the weather is hot.

Yesterday we (rashly?) purchased a computer for a granddaughter. G-Daughter is very pleased and excited about the prospect. She will have to wait until it arrives and I mess it up.

Youngest Grandchild is 2 years old today. He has a form of Cerebral Palsy. I hope the parents do nothing more than give the little boy a cardboard box to play with. He has loads of stuff, and doesn’t require more. We saw him a few days ago. He was pooped, and not in a good mood.
His speech is still poor but his understanding is present. I managed to share a banana with him without him biting my fingers off. Result!

Main event today for me is listening to music. Not sure what yet, lots that I haven’t heard yet.
Then there is a pile of recent Jazz acquisitions, which I am slowly learning.
Mackerel, little taters and salad is the main meal today, the Ham that The Wife made ran out yesterday. 3-Day Ham :) - not bad. (4-Day Chicken is still King…)

As per usual, I have a strong sense that there is something important that I should be doing.
There are no large hand-written Notes on the floor giving me direct instructions. This is a good sign, having no Signs.
I have checked my mobile phone. If there is something seriously important, I attach a large note to it via a small clip, connected to the wrist strap on the phone case. There was a note, but it was from days ago, and that task has been and gone.
On the plus side I am remembering to wear my watches that inform me what Day it is, and the month/year. A big plus, as The Wife gets irritated with me asking ‘what day is it?’ several times during a day. Now the challenge is to remember that I have the watch on my wrist. There is a pun somewhere, can’t put my finger on it…

o_O

Just back from a lovely walk along the Macclesfield canal and lunch at the cafe at Clarence Mill. Disturbed a very large heron who was minding his own business.
I am now going to get the stuff for tonight’s focaccia with mozzarella, tomatoes and basil.

I spent a lovely 2 1/2 hours this afternoon at my previous piano teachers place.

He had a listen to my exam pieces, and gave me some good pointers. He clearly misses teaching, but age is a cruel thing. We discussed all things Grade 8, including the theory elements, sight reading and scales requirements. I commented that the lockdowns had provided plenty of opportunity for additional practice.

We then discussed the ARSM Diploma, and agreed I’ll pop round to see him after the exam to discuss pieces that could contribute to the 30 minute repertoire.

Dave was very patient, kind and enthusiastic over the 12 years I visited him. I’m humbled that, after all that, we remain friends.

advertisement

Back