advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown III?

Collected the bed, fortunately no rush on sorting the box room. Finished the rustic-y pergola over the deck, and got a coat of paint on it between the spells of rain. Now listening to Patricia Barber on the system, with a glass of nice french GSM red, reckon I’ve earned it.

Plan for today was more door painting prep, but my sanding blocks were getting a little worn, so ordered a couple from Toolstation, and got in the car to go and collect.
As I pulled off the drive, the was a horrendous loud clunking as I turned the wheel. Went round the block, back on the drive to investigate. Steering fluid was a bit low (it leaks a bit), but should not be that. Wondered if it was steering rack, but soon found out it was not. Went to Jack up with the trolley Jack, and it would not fit under at the usual spot. Looked at the space above the tyre to the wheel arch - very small! Front spring was now a 2 peice affair. So off to Eurocarparts for a spring, and Halfords for compressors, as ECP had none of the cheapest, and the next ones were £70. Got some from Halfords for £32, so total of £71 for part and tools.
Strip down was reasonably straightforward, even the rusty M12 clamp bolt at the bottom of the strut.
Worst bit was aligning the bolt holes on the top bearing carrier to line up when re-assembling.
All sorted now, went over 170k last week, see how long I can make it last.
impressive , you have some marvellous skills sorting that so quick

Went for slightly different walk. Up to the church and round the small park. Avoiding the field as it is muddy.
As expected the recent rain has took the blossom off of the trees around the church, looks like confetti after a big wedding.
The football pitch in the park is a pretty sea of grass green and yellow dandelion.
Didn’t find anything interesting. (found a bit of old clay pipe last week in the field) Did see some fungi, didn’t know what. Youngest son picks mushrooms, he did a course years ago, always impressive when he identifies them.
Ordered more Jazz. Forgot what I ordered, but it’s all part of the fun. Also a Visage c.d, I am looking forward to that.

Saw eldest Granddaughter earlier this week, and argued about how Billie Eilish is presenting herself of late. Good to disagree with The Girl, noted that The Wife and I agreed on the subject.

Crab salad later.

Day 2 of big roofing job , got some wonderful roofers , even if they play the who to the entire neighbourhood all day !!!

Do soffits , facias and shed roof .Not cheap but worth it to get stuff protected

NOT impressed with rental company who charge the neighbour next door to manage the property and have not cleared gutters for years , done now thanks to my scaffolding

The Wife is doing a live online course, and the virgin internet service is off/on today. Contacted Virgin, might be a problem till 18:00 hrs. the engineers say.
The Wife is remarkably calm about it.

Arranged to see my best mate next week, have him over to have a hifi evening. That means having a beer or two for the first time in a long time. If I remember, I will take some antacid medication pre-emptively. He has had some heavy news since we last met, so I can have a bit of his load, all ears. I have a lot of new stuff to play him, better put crisps on the shopping list. :)

The Wife said something about M&S and food, but is unavailable for comment, hopefully it will change to Chippy Tea, as I could eat a cod in batter now.

Trying to identify individual tunes from various new jazz albums that I like best.
Struggling with this exercise as I listen to whole albums rather than pick tracks off of them, also I gave up trying to learn the track names from the sleeve years ago.
It is making me listen harder, which is great.

finishing a round of appraisals - handing out good news for the success of colleagues who have achieved promotion.

Making Urid dal, lamb and potato seekh kebabs, and a carrot and pea fry......

test fit of the battens for mounting our new venetian blinds........

Thought I would nip out early for a walk around The Field before it rains.
Had a spectacular fall in the mud, bearing in mind I use two sticks to walk.
Managed to slide over a metre before landing full on my bum.
Elbows took some fall as well (my hands/wrists are not very useful, especially Right hand, as the wrist doesn’t bend much. Hobbled home, I fell at the half way point, so carried on, it rained a bit... Then I stripped off and put all the muddy clothes - shorts and sweat top, and washed the mud off my legs and hands. Amazed I haven’t bashed myself, but it was soft heavy clay mud so not so hard a landing. Back/side hurts a bit. It will be funny tomorrow, but today I am niffed.

Crispy duck shredded in pancakes later, with the associated bits.

Bright sunshine now o_O

That looks utterly delicious. What’s the restaurant?

Casa dos sogros :) ... "House of in-laws" definitely a fav dish of mine, delicious, light on the palette and quite healthy.

looks great - share a recipe?
unusual? I loved sitting on the banks of the Douro sipping a cold Vinho Verde, and eating some amazing seafood.....

I will get it for you no problem. Red VV is common in the north of Portugal apparently. We are going to Alentejo next week for 3 nights, spa hotel and tour a few vineyards. Douro was the last place we hopped to hence south this time:

advertisement

Back