advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown III?

gintonic

50 shades of grey pussy cats
Sounds bad and can’t beat it, though I did go to the thread just now to report that while tidying up in the garage today, on stepping around the workmate I stood on an upturned rusty nail in a piece of wood. Not actually working I didn’t have my boots on. It went through the sole of my shoe and into my foot. Not much pain at the time but it’s giving me a bit of grief right now.

62 and still learning lessons... :)

Had a Tetanus jab recently?

Had a Tetanus jab recently?
I have. Got accidentally bitten by the dog a couple of years ago when she was a pup and had a course. Couldn’t avoid it as I needed hospital treatment for the bite. :) They asked me when I last had a tetanus jab and I said, errr....when I joined the Services in 1975. :D

Had my first roadmap game of golf today since October.
It was bloody freezing out there.
Great excitement when a helicopter landed on the practice area.
Had to slather deep heat all over my calves and thigh muscles tonight!
So unfit.

stood on an upturned rusty nail in a piece of wood.

If it didn't bleed much I would be concerned. At the very least it would be applying magnesium sulfate paste. Please keep an eye on the wound, any sign of infection treat it as an emergency. Seek urgent medical assistance.

I always keep some magnesium sulfate paste in the first aid box. I'm on a biologic treatment for my arthritis so don't take chances on infections.

I remember a similar injury on the heel of my palm when building scenery for the local drama club. It didn't bleed so as soon as I got home on with the mag sulf.

I am particular about nails in odd bits of wood. I always try to remove them or at least pull the nail back into the wood so that it is safe.

Can I convince 11 yr. old G/Daughter to join me on a walk on the field?

Will she go for sausages and beans or fishcakes and mushy peas?

Can the film Pom Poko from 1994 save the day as we watch it for the 8th time?

Day with G-Kid ahead. Weather looks dull. Anything that keeps her off of her ipad will be a bonus. Something to do with potatoes? Prints? Mash? Shooting them with an air rifle? Dunno.

edit: poor weather. Jason and the Argonauts on DvD and looking up characters and stories from Greek mythology.
Convinced child to follow instructions and make something fiddly. Good.

Last edited:
had electrician round to fit boiler controls , gas man to fit new vanity unit , upvc guy to replace 14 blown d/g units and 2 handles and only charged under 900 quid which is a relief and i was expecting double that !!!

(self) hair cut today.

Going to listen to music most of the day.

Sausage sandwich calling me from afar.

The nice fitter's just left, having put the finishing touches to our snazzy new bathroom; so that's one decent thing we've manged to tick off during all this.
Should have been done about a year ago, when we should have been on holiday; but better late then never eh?

Driving sleet for several hours here stopped me going out with the dog.
Now preparing tonight’s hake Grenobloise.

Discovered the throw over catches on the new doors are not cat proof. Few hours headscratching and I have made some new ones from spare parts....

Making stuff to go with our lamb kofta's tonight -
tzatziki, spinach and yogurt salad, Tunisian spicy carrot salad, chilli sauce

decided to make a potato, caper and parsley salad as well

advertisement

Back