advertisement

What are you cooking tonight?

cooking for tapas tonight. Made a tortilla, simple potato and onion. Made a salad of broad beans, peas and French beans, dressed with a charred pepper and confit garlic dressing.

Next up a mushroom and ham dish, and chicken with green pepper and sherry......

Grilled Halloumi salad with tomatoes, onions, capers, black olives and basil , accompanied by steamed asparagus in a hollandaise sauce.

string fries and caramelised onion. Chicken with olives and sherry, then mushrooms with green peppers and tomato. A salad of beans, peas and onion, dressed with lemon and olive oil. Potato and onion omelette

20230604_182609 by uh_simon, on Flickr

wrong day to be cooking low and slow beef brisket in juniper and prunes....4 hours plus a rest should do it.......

wrong day to be cooking low and slow beef brisket in juniper and prunes....4 hours plus a rest should do it.......
Really? Normally your culinary choices are good, but brisket when it's 30 deg seems an odd choice. I'm going for flatbreads wrapped round salad, dahl, yogurt dressing, leftover curry, select as you like.

BBQ tonight. Rump, rare-ish for me (mooo! says Mrs Jamie). Well done burger for her and the boy. Wife tried to glam hers up a bit, Annie's Burger Shack style, with chopped up Greek salad and Tsaziki, just cheese and ketchup for the boy. Accompanied by veggie kebabs on skewers, couscous and pitta with Tsaziki.

Every time we have a BBQ, the music has to start with the 'plinky plonk' CD, which is a compilation of traditional Greek music, so we can imagine we are sitting by the Mediterranean instead of the back garden.

I bought my bro a Gozney Roccbox pizza oven for his birthday and this is his first attempt at a pizza using the Gozney simple dough recipe and it’s bloody ace, nice crunchy crust and base, took less than 2mins to cook. This’ll save me driving a return 70 odd miles for a decent pizza

52980743722_2848b9003c_b.jpg

52980743742_ee291af1e2_b.jpg

I bought my bro a Gozney Roccbox pizza oven for his birthday and this is his first attempt at a pizza using the Gozney simple dough recipe and it’s bloody ace, nice crunchy crust and base, took less than 2mins to cook. This’ll save me driving a return 70 odd miles for a decent pizza

52980743722_2848b9003c_b.jpg

52980743742_ee291af1e2_b.jpg
Looks great, tasty and interest without feeling the need to overload it.

advertisement

Back