advertisement

What are you cooking tonight?

Bloated now. But enjoyed it, should of waited a bit with gatto but i was nervous incase a nuclear attack might have wasted it.

wow amazing to get a transplant match with your wife - really must be hugely compatible. Happy Kidneyversary

pretty good match but these days having a live donor is more important as there’s lots they can do about any mismatch - having a live rather than cadaveric one really makes a difference!

Mushroom risotto tonight made with the beef stock and onions from braised brisket and a touch of tarragon vinegar to “enliven”

last night, decided to make fire on the BBQ. BBQed dry rub chicken thighs. Some sauted root veg. Salad and some sour cream and garlic sauce.

20230109_195843 by uh_simon, on Flickr

enough chicken leftover for a sandwich filling this lunchtime

Chicken alfredo - chicken, broccoli, cream, parmesan, garlic, tagliatelle ( Broccoli? you say - well it was a recipe made up in America so anything goes)

Just lobbed a lump of bellypork in the oven smothered in salt and butter for our post match celebration roast dinner after we have destroyed Sunderland.

Roasted up all the small pots that dominate any bag of Maris Piper these days. Par-boil, cool, then roast in pre-heated oil. Seven for me and three for herself. Went surprisingly well with an aubergine & mushroom curry.
Afters as is Sunday… only been in the house a few hours.

Tonight was a 3 bird roast, pheasant, goose and partridge, with mixed veg and red cabbage. We have a friend who shoots.
Bit of a health scare so its statins, benecol, low fat diet for me......

Bound to be very old news to the foodies on here, but I've only just discovered sous vide cooking: first attempt was salmon fillet, slightly too moist but still delicious. Second and third a lamb shoulder steak and red snapper fillets. Both absolutely perfect. I decided against calculating the electricity cost of seven hours for the lamb, for fear of indigestion. There are so many advantages to this method I can't imagine cooking steaks or fish any other way in future.

advertisement

Back