advertisement

What are you cooking tonight?

I added some preserved lemon to spiced chicken wings. Hmm. Even with soaking they add WAY too much salt. I'll have to experiment as to how much I can use as a salt substitute without blowing my head off. So far the answer seems to be "not much".

I got some nice Nduja for Xmas, so am going to make a nice marinara sauce, big pasta shells and finish under the grill for a few mins with an Nduja and mozzarella top.

I added some preserved lemon to spiced chicken wings. Hmm. Even with soaking they add WAY too much salt. I'll have to experiment as to how much I can use as a salt substitute without blowing my head off. So far the answer seems to be "not much".
I wonder what lemons would taste like if you semi dry them in a low oven like tomatoes. Might get more depth of flavour without all the salt

Just for once in nr 3months - not cooking, just bought a pizza to 'cook' / reheat instead.

And that (once refreshed with cracked black pepper etc) and a couple of crap films, will be enjoyed in the healthy way - as a rare slum^^^^^ treat.

I’ve always got some sweetheart cabbage cooked in butter/vinegar/thyme as a staple. Added some Russian Kale and laid slices of lamb on top with juices. Everything pre-cooked so about 120secs prep then three minutes in the microwave. If you cook then eat immediately, things never tastes as good to my mind.

Diet of the gods Bjork!

Eridan@us do some amazing butter beans in tomato/olive oil sauce. Add some white anchovies and a couple of sourdough baps and I have very tasty supper from Lidl. Their baps have a good chewy crust so all the oil and juices don’t break through and ruin yer tux.

Having baked potatoes butter tuna cheese and beans, shouldnt be long been in since 2. Am quite ravenous.

advertisement

Back