advertisement

What are you cooking tonight?

Have you ever seen good ready-made one ? Oh and not too dark for me thanks.

We have used a few different brands of tahini - ‘good’ is a matter of taste. Been making hummus with tahini since the 1980’s, prefer a roast version than the pissy light stuff.

We use pre-made filo pastry as well… life is full of such choices.

20220926-123855-1.jpg
[/
20220926-123855-1.jpg
/url]]

dry rub wings - spicy rice and maybe some roasted tomatoes - oh and a blue cheese dip

A very rare occasion when I'll actually cook anything resembling food, I'm happy with deserts, puddings and cakes but tonight, Geoffery, I've cooked proper chicken nuggets, crumbed instead of battered, mixed herbs and turmeric, from scratch by my own hands. These went together with some left over Tod Man Pla, a la mrs cj, bothed dipped in proper sweet-chili-sauce.
Generally mrs cj is such a damned fine cook I really have no need to bother myself!

Due to economy drive and a couple of miscalculations that veggie curry lasted three days with minor adjustments. Cooking will resume tomorrow.

Any Magic in the blue cheese dip, love blue cheese

I normally use 50:50 mayo and sour cream (maybe 3 tbl or perhaps 4 of each), then whisk in some blue cheese (we use gorganzola) to taste. I cut the cheese (at room temperature) into small pieces and whisk in until smooth - you need to persist with the whisk, it can take a while.

All really done to taste and by eye - I only make a small batch as the Mrs hates blue cheese

As it happens we didn't have any sour cream tonight, so I substituted it with greek yoghurt. Tasted good but I prefer sour cream.

OH has covid and I don't feel that great so tonight it was frozen pizza followed by crumpets and peanut butter washed down with lots of tea.

Who needs The Ivy eh?

Hit Waitrose just as the second wave of reductions was being made. (Tip - around 5pm is good.) So tonight’s dinner was a whole sea bream (stuffed with herbs from the garden) and half a box of their triple cooked chips. Plus some estate toms (which for some reason have tasted particularly fantastic this year.) Total cost, £1.99 (rounding up.)

20220926-123855-1.jpg
[/
20220926-123855-1.jpg
/url]]

'n' number of tries to edit out 2nnd image. Will not happen.

Sourdough flavour deep and enticing. Texture unsatisfactory. Needs more work. Served with my home made multi- bacteria live Bulgarian yoghurt. I got starter from Bulgaria, freeze dried. Heirloom. Have tried many. This is the best. Should go on for centuries. I may not be around to verify. I brew it once a week using full fat organic milk, if the cows have not gone on strike. Latest scientific research is that the beneficial bacteria increase if yoghurt is left to brew overnight, i.e. much longer fermentation (usually about 20 hours). Flavour is better. More convenient for busy housewives to brew. I cover the tub with a blanket. And wrap brew tub up, tucked in snugly with an elastic strap. Should also have a guard dog...bit, alas...

Since this thread has spilled over into general health chat may I add that it is years since I had a cold. I did have a few sniffles last year. These soon stopped after a few teaspoons of my organic freeze dried camu powder remedy every few hours (from Healthy Supplies). Worth a try for those of you not yet into natural remedies.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back