advertisement

What are you cooking tonight?

Restaurant quality curry means more fat and salt than you would ever use at home.

I always request no added salt at our local and they've been very good.

Son is a chef and i won't let him anywhere near my food when the salt is out.

Yup as an x chef I am very guilty of this and coincidently I am also stage two hypertension!

I always request no added salt at our local and they've been very good.

Son is a chef and i won't let him anywhere near my food when the salt is out.

Yup as an x chef I am very guilty of this and coincidently I am also stage two hypertension!

i have sent stuff back twice in two weeks in difference restaurants due to over seasoning with salt.

My local "Indian" is owned and run by a mate, and i have been in his kitchens many times - i now ask him to prepare dishes with no additional salt. His base curry sauce has some salt but not excessive in my experience.

Couldn’t be bothered with the smoked haddock so went to the chippy instead. Bit of haddock, battered sausage and chips - shared between the two of us - a few chips left over to air fry tomorrow

Slumming it tonight. Bought some reduced fresh Scott’s broth from Tescos as I need some more containers for my home made broths. Added some Kimshi, a few boiled mushrooms and some cooked belly pork. A sprinkling of toasted pumpkin/ sunflower/ sesame seeds as a nod to the fashionable gut biome malarkey.

Sausage onion gravy mash taty cabbage an carrots. Am starving but hanging on through the power of Guinness.

A fine meal and one should never underestimate an onion gravy. I’ve spent hours on it like the french do or a quickly with lots of sugar to hurry it up. Never disappointed; it’s just so right you can’t f@@k it up

i have sent stuff back twice in two weeks in difference restaurants due to over seasoning with salt.

They on their last legs and your telling them to do it all again because your disagree with the professional chef about seasoning? You are PFM’s
Most appalling member :)

Went to a friend’s for supper. Apparently it was Hairy Bikers sausage casserole - a power of garlic and lots of porky goodness.

Finely chopped carrot celery peppers onion garlic herbs in passata with wagyu meatballs simmer for 65 70 minutes then should be done. Its preparing the veg thats time consuming but its worth it.

Still doing the carrots 1st of the veg, not really enjoying it. Should buy a dicer chopper machine.

Just off to pull up a couple of carrots for tonight's (and tomorrow's) Blanquette de veau.
It will be delicious later and even better tomorrow evening.

Another 15 mins should be done. Lots of fat came out the wagyu meatballs which i expected, just hope they taste ok. Smells nice though.

Getting started on a one habanero per person chilli con carne - that's as hot as we go.

I’ve been told to expect a local meal from local people. Sausage, egg and fried potatoes. Pigs raised 400m away, chickens wandering around 100m away and Charlottes grown just the other side of this window that I’m pointing to. All I have to do is select the wine, and I’ve chosen one from the south of France. Trust me to screw up all the good carbon footprint work.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back