advertisement

What’s Going On With This Video?

That sounds like it could get faintly unethical. Parties are on their honour not to edit the question into something different to what the interviewee answered. Can we still trust those who QA such things for us?
I guess that depends on whether the interviewer just repeats the same question to camera or changes it to "are the rumours about the sex dungeon and vat of blancmange true Prime Minister?"

That sounds like it could get faintly unethical. Parties are on their honour not to edit the question into something different to what the interviewee answered. Can we still trust those who QA such things for us?
I can say with 100% certainty that in 20 years of doing this, I never had a moment's doubt that everyone involved was totally honest in this regard. Remember, the original questions always existed so it was easy to check.

That's not to say that there were (are) some journalistic bad eggs around. Just that I never saw dishonesty in the actual editing of an interview*

*My era ended in 2007 when it was still necessary to have a craft editor (me) do the actual chopping so there was always that element of safety. Where the whole process is controlled by an individual, I guess dishonesty is theoretically easier.

advertisement

Back