advertisement

WHARFEDALE PACIFIC PI-20 Anyone?

luckyguliver

pfm Member
Hi,

I decided to put together a little system in my parent's house as I visit and stay there from time to time. Currently system consist Squeezebox 3, Nad c320 (but this might change) and....floorstanders. I was thinking about buying second hand KEF Q35.2 or Mission 74 or something similar but somebody offered me for about £150 WHARFEDALE PACIFIC PI-20 in mint condition. They looks really cool to me but I know nothing about them and I can't audit them before the purchase. Has anybody had them in the past? Any comments?

Many thanks

The music I am into at the moment is heavy rock and electronica. Room size about 17m2.

I have owned a pair of PI-10s for 6 - 7 years and I love them. They are a smaller version of the PI-20s which I also listened to when I purchased the PI-10s. I didn't need full range speakers since I have a pair of custom made subs so I went with the less expensive PI-10s.

I chose the PI-10s because they are detailed but a bit on the laid back side (as in smooth and refined as opposed to “slovenly and whore like” as the dealer where I purchased them liked to say). I have Acurus equipment which is very dynamic but can get a little harsh with digital sources so the PI-10s are a perfect match. I wish I could find another pair of PI-10s but haven’t had any luck so far.

My question would be along the lines of..Why exactly can't I audition them before buying?? If the seller can't give you a reasonable answer to that then just walk away..I would.

Never never never buy any speaker without audition.

Been there, done that, still have the f**kin T Shirt.

advertisement

Back