Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Whaferdale Diamond II Speakers

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Big Jo, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Big Jo

Big Jo pfm Member

This is a long shot as these aren’t expensive speakers, but as I child I really wanted a pair of these, I’ve been wanting a pair for a while, and just missed out on a pair on Facebook.

Looking for a pair in nice condition, am willing to travel from Surrey to collect, or pay good money for the speakers and postage. Thanks for looking.

2. misterc6

misterc6 Wasted and wounded, it ain’t what the moon did

Wharfedale

mr sneff and lawrence001 like this.
  3. lawrence001

lawrence001 Banned

Are you sure they are the IIs? I looked them up online and can only find reference to the IIIs. Strange if there were not IIs though!

4. Big Jo

Big Jo pfm Member

Definitely Diamond II.

5. lawrence001

lawrence001 Banned

Can you find any pictures of them?

Edit: don't worry found this video. They have the little plastic tweeters as I suspected.

6. divedeepdog

divedeepdog pfm Member

Big Jo likes this.
  7. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Loved my IIs back in the day and during lockdown, I was also looking for a pair for nostalgic reasons. Good luck with your search.

Big Jo likes this.
  8. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity

I was so hoping a Whaferdale was a tribute to Mr Creosote!

Nero likes this.
  9. lilolee

lilolee pfm Member

I've a pair sitting in a cupboard. Work well, no bashed edges, some screw holes in the bases.£50 collection from Maidenhead.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Johnjo, twotone, Big Jo and 3 others like this.
  10. Nero

Nero Don’t call me Bud

Eff off, I’m full!

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  11. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Trade: ^'- -'^

Disagree. Loved the original Diamonds, really shone with a bit of power and a good source, but after that Wharfdale just lost it. Interminably dull speakers which were clean but boring as heck.

Diamond one or two, after that forget it.

12. julesd68

julesd68 pfm Member

I have such happy memories of the Diamond 2 - had a pair in my first ever system as a young teenager back in the day with Dual turntable and Marantz amp. Really musical, engaging speakers - I ran them into the ground. Think I had the Diamond 3 or 4 after that ...

Big Jo likes this.
  13. chiily

chiily PFM Special Builder

My first speakers, a pair of Diamond IIs. I bought them back in 1985. My mate still has them.

Their treble was a little, errr, strident!

14. lawrence001

lawrence001 Banned

15. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Trade: ^'- -'^

Yes, and I had a pair of 505s. My son still has a pair of 507s, I think it is. Slightly bigger ones. They all sound the same.

lawrence001 likes this.
  16. Big Jo

Big Jo pfm Member

They look great, I’ll take them. I’ll PM you. Thanks.

Rana and Gaius like this.
  17. Gaius

Gaius pfm Member

^^^ Jo is a top fish to deal with.

Big Jo likes this.