Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Weller solder station.

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by Chops54, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

My trusty Weller EC2000 solder station is finally showing it's age. The digital display has packed in though the iron still heats up fine. I've had it in bits but the board is just too fiddly for me to mess around with. I'm just wondering if a control board is still available or should I just buy a later unit. It's date stamped 1988 but it's been such a damned good unit I'd really like to get it fixed. Does anyone know if parts are available or even if there's a company out there that could repair it.

2. peranders

peranders More is more and better

It seems to have red LED's but if all LED's are black I'll suspect first a bad soldering joint. Try to go over solder points which the display is involved in.

3. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

Thanks Per. The circuit board is a bit Heath Robinson and not nice to work on. I'll take a pic when I have it in bits again.