advertisement

Well wishes for our friend AnilS

An update.

I'm walking around 2-3 miles, unaided, daily.

The strength is coming back in my legs so, with my wife as a willing passenger, I drove 20 miles today :)

No issues.

Sadly, my tinnitus has escalated and seems a coincidence that its happened after my episode.
Also, the planned NHS follow up appointment this was cancelled by the hospital at short notice meaning I have to wait for everything, including my brain scan. My wife has been chasing this daily.

Seems very endemic of my NHS experience ATM :(

I may have to fund it privately.

It's a very rude awakening and I'm now looking at the real prospect of early retirement.

Again, appreciate your support as ever. :)

Stay safe.

Last edited:
It's a very rude awakening and I'm now looking at the real prospect of early retirement.

Take as long as you can to make that decision. I took 3 years I think - I'm still fighting the decision to pay only a reduced pension 5 years later. It's tough going out there at the present time, the Pensions Ombudsman is completely snowed under with complaints.

@gavreid I appreciate your experience and honestly.

I'll be 58 in June, and although I'm genuinely an optimistic individual, I still have a sense of doom regarding my situation.

I feel like I need to do something with my pension before I, and it, evaporates :(

act in haste ... repent at leisure as they say in regard to pensions

as you said your strength is coming back so there is hope

I had the pleasure of meeting Anil today. I travelled down to pick up a pair of speakers I purchased from him via pfm. He seemed a nice guy from our brief message chat and so it turned out. On meeting Anil he looked fit and well and I asked about pfm and he said he posted here and on the wam.

He then went on to tell me what he's been through and that there was a thread on pfm which I had totally missed (I am embarrassed to say). He's posted a link for me which I've now read through bringing home the reality that life throws at people. I'd like to add a message of support to Anil and others who've been through stuff.

best _ dave

advertisement

Back