advertisement

Well Tempered Versalex

Mr Magoo

Hello. How are you?
I've owned a Linn LP12 for 26 years (2 LP 12s actually), but decided to hear what else was out there. Now I'm an extremely happy Versalex owner (17D3 cart and Dyna phono). I'm starting the search for a dust cover and wondered if any existing owners could make some recommendations?

I think a company from the North East called Red Engineering made my Amadeus cover this has the same footprint as a Versale cost me £80 several years ago.

Glad you are pleased, they are a simple but clearly very effective design. I pondered a switch to the Versalex (bought my LP12 new when I was 21 - I'm now 47!), but mine is sounding so good at the moment I'm sticking with it. Also was aware of the issue of no proper dust cover and I have young kids and a cleaner!

If I win the lottery, I think I'd have WTA/Dynavectors/Obelisk 2's.

I have Obs in my system. Amplification is Naim ((NAC52/NAP135s). My Obs are Mk1 versions in great condition. Had SBLs until last week. My wife much prefers the versatility of the Obs, plus they don't hate dogs as much as SBLs.
Thanks for the pointers re dust covers.

I have Obs in my system. Amplification is Naim ((NAC52/NAP135s). My Obs are Mk1 versions in great condition. Had SBLs until last week. My wife much prefers the versatility of the Obs, plus they don't hate dogs as much as SBLs.
Thanks for the pointers re dust covers.

Enjoy the Obs and the new TT!

The Versalex is like a breath of fresh air. Will certainly be checking out the possible suppliers suggested......thanks FireMoon for the links.

Obs are on castors, just wheel them out of the wife's way.

That didn't really work unless I wheeled them up to the loft!

It's ok, I expect I'll introduce a pair of Mk2's at some point, Ill just tell her it's dangerous to go into the music room!

That didn't really work unless I wheeled them up to the loft!

It's ok, I expect I'll introduce a pair of Mk2's at some point, Ill just tell her it's dangerous to go into the music room!

You're unlucky Jez. My wife (who generally hates the look of hifi in our lounge) likes the look of our oak pair of Obelisk 2's.

Thanks for the additional info on dust covers. The Versalex really is a superb turntable. Very pleased with the results. Now if I can just get a cover that has a much higher cut out at the back....the Frazer Co. May be just the job...thanks Martin.
PE...would be very interested in your GTA cover photos.
Peter

Thanks for the additional info on dust covers. The Versalex really is a superb turntable. Very pleased with the results. Now if I can just get a cover that has a much higher cut out at the back....the Frazer Co. May be just the job...thanks Martin.
PE...would be very interested in your GTA cover photos.
Peter

Will post them in the next few days. Sora-shop seem to be very fast so far... Tracking says the cover left Germany yesterday...

advertisement

Back