advertisement

Well Tempered Amadeus

One thing is sure in this hobby..there will never be agreement on the 'best sounding' anything. It's too conditional on personal taste. So, in the end, everyone faces the same question...what is the best all-round package for me?
Historically, the nearest any deck ever got to being a 'universal' solution was surely the Linn LP12. And even that is not very 'universal.'
It's a similar question to 'what is the best car?' and equally without an answer. So, at least, no-one can be 'wrong'.

I think I need to listen to a WTA after posting about LP12 upgrades. I do have reservations about the looks but can accept that if it makes superior noises.

Has anyone done an A to B against an Amadeus and a Simplex?

I think I need to listen to a WTA after posting about LP12 upgrades. I do have reservations about the looks but can accept that if it makes superior noises.

Has anyone done an A to B against an Amadeus and a Simplex?

Yes IMO the Amadeus GTa is better. Latest Amadeus 2 better still. Versalex slightly better again in a more analogue way, if you get my meaning.

With Naim amplification, i prefer the LP12 having owned two Amadeus, one GTA and one standard. I could however live with one again.

With Naim amplification, i prefer the LP12 having owned two Amadeus, one GTA and one standard. I could however live with one again.

So Gary, I take it that you can live with the relative lack of speed stability of the LP12 once you've owned a more speed stable deck such as a WTA?

advertisement

Back