Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Weiss dac 501/502

Discussion in 'audio' started by chris peacock, Oct 25, 2020.

1. chris peacock

chris peacock Active Member

Morning all, looking for comments on these DACs. They seem to be packed with features including dsp but are not talked about that much.

2. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

A mate of mine, ( now only occasionally posts here) has one.
    I think it’s excellent. Bloody expensive mind you.
    Sonically it doesn’t to my ears have any weaknesses. He uses the DSP features & has set up 3 presets which he toggles between to suit his mood & the music. The “vinyl emulator” or whatever it’s called is a bit of a rubbish Gimmick, but other than that, it’s superb if you’re in the market at that price.

3. chris peacock

Thanks Manicatel. Is he using it with a preamp or direct to power amp?

4. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

Chris, he uses it with a Vitus integrated amp & ATC speakers. Tasty.

5. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

Tried one here nothing wrong with it, Weiss equipment measures superbly, as has been stated just expensive when ( nearly) all of its features are available in much more economically priced equipment.
    Keith

6. chris peacock

Has anyone tried it with and without preamp?