advertisement

Website needed - please help

MJSM

Over 60 and barely alive
Hi guys,

Can anyone out there please help me with a website I can post my pictures on for the Ittok re-build, I have tried to get it reduced to 40k but I lose too much detail that way.

This is for my other post "Is you Ittok level ??", picture should be no more than 2 Mb or so (I can reduce this to about 200K though).

Thanks in advance
Mike

Originally posted by MJSM
Hi guys,

Can anyone out there please help me with a website I can post my pictures on for the Ittok re-build, I have tried to get it reduced to 40k but I lose too much detail that way.
Have you checked with your ISP. Mine gives all it's customers 5Mb free space, that is enough for a mini website. I have used mine to display up 600K files but usually reduce them to about 200K so they will fit comfortably on forum screens.

Steve

www.photobucket.com seem to be well regarded for this purpose. I find dropping the quality to 70% (or compression to 30% on the other side of the coin) keeps detail but drops file size down a good bit.

Originally posted by stevea
Have you checked with your ISP. Mine gives all it's customers 5Mb free space, that is enough for a mini website. I have used mine to display up 600K files but usually reduce them to about 200K so they will fit comfortably on forum screens.
My ISP says 10 MB and this was really the limit before but now this limit is increased to more 25MB? I'm pretty sure that you have more than 10 MB for creating a homepage.

If you don't have an ISP you can always pay a very small sum to get 125 MB with your own domain even.

www.b-one.net

I have b-one for www.sjostromaudio.com and I'm very pleased! At the moment I have this space to store downloadable files only. I host for a while Pavel Duduk's stuff also.
http://www.sjostromaudio.com/dudek/index.html Check out his amps and especially the LM4780 amplifier. This is a really professional design, looks real good.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35572

Originally posted by prowla
freeola do hosting for free (FREE On Line Access).

Thanks Paul - seems too good to be true !!

Just off to try it now :)

Thanks to all who replied, I will look into the other suggestions when I have posted the pictures - thanks

Mike

advertisement

Back