Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Web host recommendations please

Discussion in 'off topic' started by lsinclair, Nov 26, 2014.

1. lsinclair

lsinclair pfm Member

Please can anyone recommend a good provider? The website hosting aspect is in fact secondary, but I do want reliable email forwarding to and from my domain without numerous host-derived delivery failure messages (1and1, I'm looking at you!) I'd prefer Europe-based.

2. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis <((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>¸.

i've used tollon off and on for many years and they've always been superb. worth a look perhaps...

3. jamesd

jamesd pfm Member

i love digitalocean

4. s1h1

s1h1 performing within expectations

I've been using TSOHost (cPanel hosting) for some years now. Can't fault them.

5. Alvarado

Alvarado pfm Member

Easily.co.uk. I have a website address which I don't use (I just didn't want anyone else to get it and put inappropriate things up in my company's name) so I pretty much use them for e-mail forwarding. They are based in London (or SE somewhere). I have had one unplanned interruption of a couple of days, and a couple of (planned) overnight service suspension, the latter to do with them putting in new servers, in over a decade. When I need to phone them the delay is usually minimal (less than 5 minutes) and someone speaks to me in a London accent. If I wasn't already in with them I'd go with Netscan, a small London/Yorkshire based company which my close friend and IT confidant Pete Duggal co-directs. Google them and/or PM me if you want Pete's contact details, it is a smaller co so you will get a personal service, which Easily are too big to offer.

6. davidlf

davidlf Active Member

Zen Internet, very rapid responses from Tech Support when needed...

7. Guest432

Guest432 Guest

How techy are you? With home broadband upload/download speeds you can easily setup your own solution.

I did this for my VMware lab at home, just registered a domain like vmwarelab.co.uk and then created some A records for remote access remote.vmwarelab.co.uk and MX record for email and then setup a server in the VMware lab which includes web hosting and email server.

8. Mark Grant

Mark Grant Trade: Mark Grant Cables

I also cant fault them and the price is very low.
    technical support answer the phone very quickly and they speak English !

9. lsinclair

lsinclair pfm Member

Thanks for all the replies. Tsohost seem to offer pretty much what I have now at a similar price, so I think I'll give them a try.

10. Mark Grant

Mark Grant Trade: Mark Grant Cables

They are good.

Make sure you choose the cPanel hosting if email is important to you.
    https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting/cpanel-hosting
    The spf records are easy to set from the TSohost cPanel control panel.

1&1 dont appear to support spf records which is why I gave up with them and probably why you are having email problems.

Dont choose TSOhost cloud hosting if email is important as that has a built in security/spam email delay so they can can stop any hacked accounts sending out thousands of spams. A good idea but annoying waiting 30 seconds or sometimes much longer for emails to arrive.
    The TSOhost cPanel email is instant :)