advertisement

We need to talk about Morrissey... again

Indeed, the Spillers thing is quite ridiculous. They assume their customers are too stupid to make their own minds up.

It's their shop and they can stock ( or not stock ) whatever they want...and for any reason they like.

The customers are free to shop elsewhere if they don't like that stance.

I’m a big fan of genre headers in record shops so I’d file him in his own category of ‘UKIP Dadrock’ or something like that. “Do you have the new Morrissey album?”... “Yes, you’ll find it in our ‘veteran racist crooners’ section next to the Ted Nugent”...

Well i do not like politic with racist views. I think Morrissey is entiteld to have freedom of speech, but with those views he will loose a lot of trusty fans.
By the way I also think he has some how lost his way in music. Some of it is still catchy. But the quality vary to much. The only Thing he still got is a really great voice.

7b9bf9bab7fcbcfd84e6150fb7184bb805377556.jpeg

A strong piece in The Quietus by David Stubbs suggests it's high time to stop talking about Morrissey.

https://thequietus.com/articles/26748-morrissey-racism-fans-idiots

Kevin
Oh he was doing so well until the second last paragraph. Suggesting you can't separate the man from the music is facile; his hypothesis doesn't stand up to scrutiny. I don't hold it against a politician because they are a terrible singer - I'd ignore it, because his singing isn't why I take any notice of him/her. Much the same as I do with Morrissey's attention seeking. However, the author would prefer that I was also dropped by my friends because my ability to separate the man from his music is 'bollocks'.
I guess he is a music journalist because he sucks as a social commentator.

Really disappointed, The Smiths were my favourite band as a teenager, yeah I was the weirdo outsider with funny hair and weird clothes who didn't fit into either side of our small minded small town communitys that was split 72/28 , and I do mean split, you could have drawn a line threw the middle of where I'm from, one lot stayed on one side and the other lot on the other, racism, bigotry, sectarianism call it what you like it's all hatred, mostly by the ignorant and uneducated.

advertisement

Back