advertisement

We are now under investigation for VAT fraud

richardg

Admonishtrator
Amazon sent the wrong figures to the French authorities, stating we had sold half a million euros of stuff on their channel. We declared the truth, which was 55,000 euros.

All we got from amazon was this email

Notice Date: 31 January 2022
Supplier Name:
SARL AMAZON SERVICES EUROPE
38 AVENUE J F KENNEDY
LUXEMBOURG
L 1855 LUXEMBOURG
SIRET: 803 135 201 00017

Hello,

We would like to apologize for some incorrect values provided in the previous "2020 Selling on Amazon statement related to France Activity". Please disregard the previous message and refer to the information below which has now been reported to the French Tax Authority.

In accordance with the French Anti-Fraud Act (provisions of paragraph 3 of Article 242 bis of the General Tax Code), Amazon is required to provide you and the French Tax Authority details on your Selling on Amazon activity that is related to France. This information can be used to determine whether or not you have potential tax and social security obligations in France.

The following are reportable activities associated with Selling on Amazon that are under the French Anti-Fraud Act:
• Any transaction that is shipped to a French address
• Any transaction that is shipped from a French address
• All transactions if you are established in France, such as having a French Business Address

FFS.....we will lose potentially days of work dealing with this mess.

Given you have this admission, you should surely be able to claim for at least your out of pocket expenses given they have been caused by Amazon's admitted error? So your admin costs, legal costs, accountancy fees; might be harder to stick in a claim for lost sales, but got to be worth a shout, surely?

But shouldn't this be easy to resolve, given Amazon's letter of admission of their administrative error and, presumably, their corrected figure tallies with yours?

Yet another Brexit disaster I guess. No such problems existed before.
This is all wrong.

Given you have this admission, you should surely be able to claim for at least your out of pocket expenses given they have been caused by Amazon's admitted error? So your admin costs, legal costs, accountancy fees; might be harder to stick in a claim for lost sales, but got to be worth a shout, surely?

But shouldn't this be easy to resolve, given Amazon's letter of admission of their administrative error and, presumably, their corrected figure tallies with yours?
No point at all! They arelady owe me 1200 euros from 4 years ago, having falsely accused us of selling counterfeit products. It ends in December, though. We are cutting them loose, finally.

Should be easy. You have the email from Amazon. You have a history with French VAT showing previous returns that will support it being an error. Although it's France so it could take years..
Voila! There is also a strange culture of mistrust in France, for some reason. Proof, declarations, certificates and attestations are hard currency here. The demands for paperwork will be excessive I am sure, even with amazon's email. E,g a tennner says Les Impots demands the email is supplied /translated to French (by a registered translation company, so the email will have its own little certificate de merde), even though we wrote to amazon in French about it.

Better off in Hull mate and quit your constant whining about France and the EU. It gets tiresome.

Voila! There is also a strange culture of mistrust in France, for some reason. Proof, declarations, certificates and attestations are hard currency here. The demands for paperwork will be excessive I am sure, even with amazon's email. E,g a tennner says Les Impots demands the email is supplied /translated to French (by a registered translation company, so the email will have its own little certificate de merde), even though we wrote to amazon in French about it.
I expect it will have to notarised too ......

Isn't that partly why the lay bays of Kent are full? All the paperwork is digital but the French are insisting on 'wet' signatures.

We were subject to one of the taxman’s fishing trips a few years back. We were both PAYE but had inherited a property which we let for ten years whilst the property market recovered. Fortunately I had kept all the paperwork but not in an ideal order. After a lot of time and grief they declared we had over claimed £43 which they waived in a cheery letter.
Sadists :)

When I was a company director I naturally had to give a tax return
When we wound the company up , the tax office still demanded a tax return every year, even though I was then PAYE
Eventually I got fed up with it and spent hours getting the runaround on the phone before speaking to a nice helpful chap
I told him I wanted to stop doing returns as the company had closed 5yrs ago and I was PAYE

He said " good luck with that! I've been trying to do the same thing since I went from self employed to working for the tax office 4 yrs ago and I've had no joy !!"

We were subject to one of the taxman’s fishing trips a few years back. We were both PAYE but had inherited a property which we let for ten years whilst the property market recovered. Fortunately I had kept all the paperwork but not in an ideal order. After a lot of time and grief they declared we had over claimed £43 which they waived in a cheery letter.
Sadists :)
Looking forward to that day!

advertisement

Back