advertisement

WD MyCloud NAS

Allaboutmusic

pfm Member
Is anyone using this as a NAS for streaming music?

Its cheap but the reviews on amazon are poor. It would be used to stream to sonos and then bluesound node 2i in the near future.

Thanks

From reading the reviews, a lot of people seem to say the older ones were good but the new ones are killed by the software.

Has anyone used one of the newer ones at all?

Cheers

Yes, I keep my itunes & films on one. Works really well for my simple needs to macbook pro etc. I used a mybook live for 5 years & replaced with larger mycloud last year - have had zero problems with either.

Amazon reviews I ignore. No shortage of idiots out there... easy setup/management via a browser, and its Debian underneath.

Yes, I keep my itunes & films on one. Works really well for my simple needs to macbook pro etc. I used a mybook live for 5 years & replaced with larger mycloud last year - have had zero problems with either.

Amazon reviews I ignore. No shortage of idiots out there... easy setup/management via a browser, and its Debian underneath.
Great thanks, I'm using the new macbook air so hopefully that should be fine too.

I use my 3 year old 4Tb MyCloud as a NAS for streaming music to Auralic and Moon devices. Occasional glitch where device claims "no music library found" but otherwise no problems. Also use WD My Books for back up and file storage without problems.

Had one for a while now for my Node 2, no problems at all, also use it for films using Plex

Any feedback on this, I'm considering a NAS and would be interested in your thoughts.
So far so good. Got it on Sunday and it was really just plug and play, works really well with my macbook and my older pc, also backed up my android phone - again really easy. Will hook up to the sonos tomorrow and report back. But for £116 for 3 TB seems to be a bit of a bargain. Fingers crossed no issues tomorrow

Glad to read it's working for you.
And yes, even if you decide to go elsewhere, it remains cheap, effective & useful back-up storage available on your network.
My first 2TB 'mybook' is still useful in that regard.

advertisement

Back