advertisement

Way to go Greta

Good to see the Met Police finding enough officers to arrest 280 Extinction Rebellion supports yesterday while knife crime continues virtually unchecked. Well done Boris and Sadiq for focusing them on the real dangers to society! FFS, you couldn't make this shit up!

Got to keep the 'nose ringed crusties' in check though old boy.

Of course. Knife crime is largely not in the way of everyday business of city and politics. So anything that stops commuters, shoppers and tourists from getting about is going to attract more attention than a nebulous gang member walking down the street with a hidden knife in Hackney.

“We can’t go back, whatever we do with our emissions.”

Truth management ... slowly it dribbles in drips and drops.

'There is alarming evidence that important tipping points, leading to irreversible changes in major ecosystems and the planetary climate system, may already have been reached or passed. Ecosystems as diverse as the Amazon rainforest and the Arctic tundra, may be approaching thresholds of dramatic change through warming and drying. Mountain glaciers are in alarming retreat and the downstream effects of reduced water supply in the driest months will have repercussions that transcend generations.' - UN IPCC

Countdown has begun for when this guy shows up-

bagdad-bob.gif

The guy in the supercharged 4x4 who wakes me at 2am with Pride & Glory cranked to 11 through open windows doesn't seem to think so.

Of course. Knife crime is largely not in the way of everyday business of city and politics. So anything that stops commuters, shoppers and tourists from getting about is going to attract more attention than a nebulous gang member walking down the street with a hidden knife in Hackney.
But the protesters are highly visible and easy to find. Hidden knives are not. So not comparing like with like.

guest,

When methane is burned you get C02 and H20, so it's clean-ish. It's not sooty like coal, but burning methane does release CO2.

The issue with methane is that it's a potent greenhouse gas, more so than CO2 molecule for molecule. The thing that's less worrying is that methane has a much shorter half-life in the atmosphere than CO2. The thing that's more worrying is that all this global warming is releasing methane into the atmosphere that's been trapped for millennia elsewhere.

Joe

Last edited:
I think tipping points are going to start falling like dominoes. Everything has become 'faster than expected' by scientists, and it's at least partly because scientists were conservative when they dared make predictions. And there are so many interrelated variables. It's a safe bet that all of that 2050-2100 stuff is going to evaporate.

I think tipping points are going to start falling like dominoes. Everything has become 'faster than expected' by scientists, and it's at least partly because scientists were conservative when they dared make predictions. And there are so many interrelated variables. It's a safe bet that all of that 2050-2100 stuff is going to evaporate.
Just one tipping point could be a disaster. The thought of multiple tipping points is beyond the imagination

Gives weight to the view that climate protesting is about hooking up for more than a few.
How much weight though? If it's more than a few, how many is too many?
Do you share that view?
Can protesting (and causing an obstruction) not sometimes be fun?
Is it because most of them are Gay men? (Melbourne) Grindr is a much more efficient means of "hooking up" so "the view" may not hold water.
Is disco dancing a legitimate form of protest?
So many questions...

• How much weight though? If it's more than a few, how many is too many?
  • Do you share that view?
  • Can protesting (and causing an obstruction) not sometimes be fun?
  • Is it because most of them are Gay men? (Melbourne) Grindr is a much more efficient means of "hooking up" so "the view" may not hold water.
  • Is disco dancing a legitimate form of protest?
  • So many questions...
  • Perhaps a smidgen. Uh ... maybe a third is too many?
  • I'd try to get laid if I were young and protesting, sure.
  • Could be a blast until it isn't.
  • I didn't know most protesters were gay.
  • Disco is a form of protest. Mine.
  • Yes, I see!

advertisement

Back