advertisement

Way to go Greta

Her slightly obsessive actions are in line with her well documented mental health issues.

Fear & obsessive behaviour go hand in hand unfortunately & is why I believe those surrounding her need to keep a close eye on her mental state as this snowballs.

She is a young girl & hope & prey she is being managed correctly, for her sake.

Her actions of late speak to me of someone who's mental health condition is not being carefully considered & maintained but instead is being used to make a point.

If you want to be amazed, ask Rcook about debt, especially if you owe a bundle.

Truly bonkers territory.

Joe

Why on earth (no pun intended) is anyone taking this ill-informed, unqualified young lady even slightly seriously? Especially world leaders who, frankly, should know far better. Her position/argument is completely emotional, no facts in it at all.
There is no 'climate crisis' or 'global warming'. Yes the climate changes, but it is very slowly, like over millenia, not a couple of decades, it cools and warms very slowly, mostly based on the temperature of the sea.
As for CO2 being responsible, that doesn't stand up to the slightest scientific scrutiny. The planet has been warmer in the past with lower CO2, and colder with much higher CO2 levels, long before the SUV (or even the motor car) was thought up. CO2 is actually at dangerously low levels at present - around 400ppm. Life on earth starts to die off at around 270ppm. CO2 is essential for life on the planet, it is therefore not a pollutant - nature doesn't work like that. Why do gardeners increase the level of CO2 to around 1500ppm in greenhouses? To speed up plant growth. This would be unlikely if CO2 was actually a pollutant.

Not a single one of the predicted 'disasters' that so-called 'climate change' (rebranded from 'global warming' in 2004 when it was discovered that the planet wasn't actually getting any warmer) has actually happened.
"The Arctic will be ice-free in summer by 2012" said Al Gore... turns out ice at both poles is increasing. Maldives disappearing under water by 2014? They are still there.

These celebrities and world leaders all go to these summits in jet aeroplanes, and get ferried around in huge limos while there. Does that not tell you that they KNOW it's a scam?

Lastly, I will leave you with this thought: Barack Obama and Al Gore have both bought beach front sea level properties. Why would they do that if sea levels were actually rising?

Whatever you are smoking/drinking/injecting, I suggest you stop now.

Her slightly obsessive actions are in line with her well documented mental health issues.

Fear & obsessive behaviour go hand in hand unfortunately & is why I believe those surrounding her need to keep a close eye on her mental state as this snowballs.

She is a young girl & hope & prey she is being managed correctly, for her sake.

Her actions of late speak to me of someone who's mental health condition is not being carefully considered & maintained but instead is being used to make a point.

Your lack of any associated formal medical qualifications to make such assertions is obvious.

She must be doing something right as Murdoch is attacking her personally.

Stephen

What a complete tosspot Australian News Corp Columnist Andrew Bolt is.

“I have never seen a girl so young and with so many mental disorders treated by so many adults as a guru,” Bolt wrote.

“Far more interesting is why so many adults – including elected politicians, top business leaders, the Pope and journalists – treat a young and strange girl with such awe and even rapture.

“Her intense fear of the climate is not surprising from someone with disorders which intensify fears.”

"Bolt even described Greta’s younger sister as having “a spectacular range of mental issues”."

Greta Thunberg tweeted a reply to him:

"I am indeed ”deeply disturbed” about the fact that these hate and conspiracy campaigns are allowed to go on and on and on just because we children communicate and act on the science. Where are the adults?"

Bolt obviously needs one of pfm's highly qualified carers like Ragaman or Rcook to look after him.

Jack

Last edited:
Has extreme ecolunacy gone from skateboarding policemen to self-immolation in 6 months? Private jets, super-yachts and barefoot Harry at a Google climate conference, Greta proposing to cross the Atlantic on a vehicle second only in the frivolity of its environmental impact to an F1 car.

There are environmentally friendly sailing vessels, why not use one? The Rainbow Warrior would be the obvious choice.

I doubt she will actually take this trip, somebody will surely figure out how dangerous it is to the dead-weight passengers.

Your lack of any associated formal medical qualifications to make such assertions is obvious.
It's well documented & I feel people do need to be responsible around her. She is a spokesperson for climate change. This will most probably engulf her whole adult life.

It's well documented & I feel people do need to be responsible around her. She is a spokesperson for climate change. This will most probably engulf her whole adult life.

What is well documented? From what I've read she is fit, and more than able. Please cite.

What is well documented? From what I've read she is fit, and more than able. Please cite.
Maybe you're not entitled to such info but google is your friend.

At a TEDx talk in November 2018, Thunberg said she first heard about climate change at the age of eight and could not understand why so little was being done about it.[19] At age 11, she became depressed and stopped talking. Later on she was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome[4], obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD)[4], and selective mutism.[4] She added that selective mutism meant she was speaking only when she needed to and that "now is one of those moments"; and that being on the "spectrum" was an advantage "as almost everything is black or white".[19] Thunberg has said: "I feel like I am dying inside if I don't protest".[20]

Maybe you're not entitled to such info but google is your friend.

If google is your friend you urgently need to upgrade and expand your circle of familiars.

At a TEDx talk in November 2018, Thunberg said she first heard about climate change at the age of eight and could not understand why so little was being done about it.[19] At age 11, she became depressed and stopped talking. Later on she was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome[4], obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD)[4], and selective mutism.[4] She added that selective mutism meant she was speaking only when she needed to and that "now is one of those moments"; and that being on the "spectrum" was an advantage "as almost everything is black or white".[19] Thunberg has said: "I feel like I am dying inside if I don't protest".[20]

That's not a citation e.g. where is it from?

Your copied and pasted text contains nothing to suggest Greta is unfit for her campaigning activities.
Your lack of any relevant formal medical qualifications continues to be obvious.

I suppose someone has done the maths somewhere but she will need a lot of food to make that journey.

If google is your friend you urgently need to upgrade and expand your circle of familiars.

That's not a citation e.g. where is it from?

Your copied and pasted text contains nothing to suggest Greta is unfit for her campaigning activities.
Your lack of any relevant formal medical qualifications continues to be obvious.
Never said she was unfit if you look at the posts. You requested information.

She is far from unfit & her dedication is admirable but those around her need to be careful as not to exasperate her condition for their own ends.

I go on the data & the data suggests mankind has & is having an impact on climate change & fully understand that some need a kick up the arse to get interested but it shouldn't be at the cost to a single person.

Governments need to take charge from here on in IMO.

Greta should attend the meeting virtually by Skype or similar technology, but don’t let the boat distract from her urgent message.

Joe

I said that earlier—or a Holo-lens Skype.

Just for balance—we have sociopathic narcissists in number 10 and the Whitehouse. (edited: and in leadership roles in several other countries!)

The idea that 16 year olds cannot have agency is ludicrous. Plenty of kids display prodigious intellect at an early age.

You lot would be saying 'that 'Mozart—must be a multi-national music conspiracy behind him' and, 'his dad must have written all that music for him.'

Stephen

Last edited:

advertisement

Back