advertisement

Waxwings and Tawny Owl

ron

Tweaker
Reports of Waxwings sighted at Crosspool Sheffield so I decided to see if they was still about Sunday even though the weather was horrible , there was around 50-60 top of a tree . Unfortunately a Sparrow hawk spotted them and chased them off . I only managed a few poor shots so better luck next time , all are heavily cropped so excuse the quality . As a bonus I seen the local Tawny Owl

LTK04408 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

LTK04349 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

LTK04094 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

LTK03855 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

LTK06002 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

Poor shots?! You must be joking.. those are splendid. Actually I didn't know the Waxwing was such a stunning bird, lovely name, never seen one myself.

I'm sending this page to my old 83 yr old Ma, always on about them/ i think a favourite of hers.

Thanks for sharing, Capt

Reactions: ron
Poor shots?! You must be joking.. those are splendid. Actually I didn't know the Waxwing was such a stunning bird, lovely name, never seen one myself.

I'm sending this page to my old 83 yr old Ma, always on about them/ i think a favourite of hers.

Thanks for sharing, Capt
Thank you, here's one I got in February from a smaller group . I've been wanting to get them in some nice light as it really brings out the colours. Unfortunately all the times ive seen them the weathers been poor
_LTK9648 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

advertisement

Back