advertisement

Water bosses taking home millions.

There is talk of transferring our west county water to them east country proliferates. Let them sip Evian!

Ahahaha this is the same kind of clickbait journalism that you see in the Sun, typical formulaic stuff created just to wind up its own readership.

Ahahaha this is the same kind of clickbait journalism that you see in the Sun, typical formulaic stuff created just to wind up its own readership.
It isn't clickbait - it's factually correct and there are no images of ample cleavage.
All news is a product, and Guardian make theirs with the target consumers in mind.

Obvs these are market rates. If you want to attract the best you have to pay for it. So they say...

The notable exception being the significantly lower pay awarded to Sara Venning compared to the rest...

"Northern Ireland Water has never been privatised, leaving Venning with a salary that – while high compared with the average UK wage – is modest by industry standards."

So the notion of 'market rates' is clearly not so straight forward as some would have us believe - or perhaps they are just telling great pig porkies :eek:

Obvs these are market rates. If you want to attract the best you have to pay for it. So they say...

Yes strange how the people in situ at privatisation were suddenly worth millions, having been sustained for years by a state pittance prior to that.

Nothing is ever as bad as the Sun says.
I came through Austerity and still trying to work out what the fuss was all about.

I think you really need to read up on what 'clickbait' means :D
From the OXford dictionary:

internet content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page.

So that page would have its headline or some strapline in a metafield. It is therefore using google to 'attract attention and encourage visitors etc....'

If you think the Guardian is not looking for new clickers and is just content feeding its formulaic drivel to its current readership, you would be worng, since they rely on ads: https://manage.theguardian.com/help-centre/article/why-am-i-still-seeing-adsbanners

You may also think all news readers go straight to their favourite paper. I don't. I search UK news on google and get a list of links to attract me. Obvs this story would not be on th elist of news stories in my google searches because my search is this:

UK news -guardian -mail -express - sun -telegraph

But anyway, my point here is that if I had clicked on it from google, it qualifies as clickbait.

But anyway, my point here is that if I had clicked on it from google, it qualifies as clickbait.

Well, your very simple summary changes everything ....... :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickbait

“Clickbait is a text or a thumbnail link that is designed to attract attention and to entice users to follow that link and read, view, or listen to the linked piece of online content, being typically deceptive, sensationalized, or otherwise misleading.
A "teaser" aims to exploit the "curiosity gap", providing just enough information to make readers of news websites curious, but not enough to satisfy their curiosity without clicking through to the linked content. Click-bait headlines add an element of dishonesty, using enticements that do not accurately reflect the content being delivered. The "-bait" part of the term makes an analogy with fishing, where a hook is disguised by an enticement (bait), presenting the impression to the fish that it is a desirable thing to swallow.”

advertisement

Back