advertisement

Watch out for planning applications! - No notification letters being sent during COVID-19!

Rug Doc

pfm Member
My neighbour has just informed me that a tree that he’s wanted to fell for years is being chopped down on Wednesday.. It has a TPO and requires a planning application like all others..

But I didn’t receive notification of the planning app, and didn’t see a yellow app sign!??

looking online, councils have been given the authority to ‘relax the notification procedure’ until mid 2021 because of reduced staffing and restriction of movement..!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/consultation-and-pre-decision-matters#covid19

So if you have had any local applications in over the last couple of years that have been declined due to resident pressure keep an eye on the councils’ website - as that (and the local paper) are the only ways they legally have to inform you atm!

On the other hand - If you want a big extension - get your app in now!!

I really can’t understand why Covid is being trotted out by councils as an excuse for poor service. I work for a large CC and we are set up for remote working, for gods sake how hard is it to pick up phone, send an email or a letter.

I had a normal planning notice for some works proposed by my neighbours. I had to comment that the stupid architect they employed had somehow managed mark in Orange a window for 'demolition' - but it was one of my windows! All sorted very quickly. I had no objection to the overall plan - the neighbours house could do with an upgrade - frankly it is letting the side down around here as it is - another neighbour asked me a couple of years if it was lived in!

I really can’t understand why Covid is being trotted out by councils as an excuse for poor service. I work for a large CC and we are set up for remote working, for gods sake how hard is it to pick up phone, send an email or a letter.
Hmm. It's not as if councils have a reputation for excusing poor service with anything else, like, say "health and safety", is it?

yes we have had planning letters in covid , also got planning permission very quickly for an extension in covid and all the neighbours got letters etc

Some are just using Covid as an excuse for bad service.

Prudential have been hopeless this year; Barclays seem to have made vast efforts to keep the service going and it's very much business as usual.

WE haven't had the rubbish and recycling collected since christmas.

Believe it or not after 3 years nearly , the drills are silent and they have .moved back in....still need to raise the fence to 12 feet high to stop their flue puffing into our garden though ( it's 10 foot high now after they erected their 4 foot high patio) don't you just love neighbours!!

Yes 3 years , of course they tried to build an 8 bed house with no planning permission and ran into trouble , they have sacked umpteen builders , nearly had legal action from environmental, nearly had collapsed scaffolding involving emergency action .could write a book .

My lovely wife took them flowers when they moved back in ......

advertisement

Back