advertisement

Wam on the verge of change

Not famous. But used to be unique on the bake off rota, until Tim copied it. Never had to throw any in the bin! But that's hardly surprising considering the guests, eh Steve.

Your right there Rick the regulars on the bake off circuit could deffo eat thats for sure. Mind you I still had an orderly queue for the remaining food & drink left at the end of the bake off.:rolleyes:

Wigwam was ITV2 compared to good old BBC PFM. It was always a little bawdy compared to other forums and a bit marmite because of it.
James Palmer made it what it was and hopefully made a few quid out of it.
Can't say it's been the same since James moved on, and I maybe visit once a week. It does however still have the Scalford/Kegworth ace up its sleeve.
I see that unilateral peace has broken out and all sorts of forum outcasts have been allowed back - no idea where that will lead.

O ther shows pale into insignificance alongside the wam show in its hay-day.
Where else would pies be taken so seriously that dedicated team of tatster volunteered to scour the Midland for the finest home baked pork pie, mull over the taste of Jelly, the colour of pastry and then go buy the winner in quantities enough to feed us all...all no cash upfront.
That's like
mythical man.

The costs are significant whichever way you look at it. The exhibitors do it purely for the craic. Usually 2 nights room costs plus insurance plus travel. It stacks up.
IIRC it was one nights room cost and the wam paid for the second night. Insurance was a tenner. Hardly ruinous and very good fun.

Isn't that exactly the kind of attitude you've been complaing about?

To be fair, the correct Wam response to a flounce was along the lines of "Don't let the door hit you on the ****ing arse on the way out " so he was being quite polite I suppose.

Hunting in packs! Lol! :rolleyes: This, from a tabloid journalist! My irony circuits have just asploded.

The owner of this forum has been tolerent enough to allow this debate to continue.
This freedom also allows some to drop by just to lecture members to move on, stop the discussion, get a life, whatever.
When theres no interest this thread will stall. If it dont, theres interest

Tony is realistic and knows many guys forum hop. So on PFM they speculate WTF is going on?
This thread gives those of us who know WTF is going on a chance to put our side of the saga

As for shutting the effing door, we shut the f#ck#r twice.

New AUP
i) under the circumstances of Hifi Global Ltd. being sold as an operating entity to a third party. In such case, agreement will be sought that these terms and conditions will continue to apply, but no guarantee can be given in this regard

Keys are with Purple Bricks.
Viewing strickly by appointment.

Please, please, please can someone close this thread?

Already the nastiness of the Wam is creeping in. It will then spill over to other topics. The packs will regroup and PFM will suffer.

advertisement

Back