advertisement

Wam on the verge of change

It was a shame the forum ended up going commercial, after its first abortive and disastrous takeover, it then got sold on again to another commercial concern despite there being offers from private individuals.
Still let’s see if lessons have been learned, and a more free hand is left on the tiller. Imo.
First buy out by existing members? Who are the current owners?

First buy out by existing members? Who are the current owners?

Why would anyone do that? There just isn't a big enough market for hifi to make it commercially viable and the essence of the Wam that made it unique is gone forever. I can't see much difference in tone now between the Wam and AOS.

I think from a commercial POV there is real value in buying a forum like it. You have a self identified market place right in front of you, yes hifi is small beer in a global sense but the margins are good and people who like hifi often like other expensive toys. It’s the essence of targeted marketing.

I think from a commercial POV there is real value in buying a forum like it. You have a self identified market place right in front of you, yes hifi is small beer in a global sense but the margins are good and people who like hifi often like other expensive toys. It’s the essence of targeted marketing.

The first rule of Hifi forums is thinking that you can make money out of the tight arses that post on them. You can’t! :p

I don't think they left voluntarily...

This EXACTLY how it went down:
  • Danny (Duvet) and Stuart(Cambs) both resigned from Admin/Mod duties.
  • I wanted to be sacked from Mod duties and was.
  • Due to PFP's written invitation to HFS to join the Wam, Danny & Stuart requested their accounts to be terminated.
  • Like you do with a terminally sick dog, I was writing my request when the plug was pulled and I was put out of my abject misery.
For anyone interested the price of the Wam is and I quote verbatim "that of a small island in the Indian Ocean"
Form an orderly queue.

They ought to make a soap opera out of all this.

It would be lot better than Eastenders.

Come to think of it, anything is better than Eastenders!

This EXACTLY how it went down:
  • Danny (Duvet) and Stuart(Cambs) both resigned from Admin/Mod duties.
  • I wanted to be sacked from Mod duties and was.
  • Due to PFP's written invitation to HFS to join the Wam, Danny & Stuart requested their accounts to be terminated.
  • Like you do with a terminally sick dog, I was writing my request when the plug was pulled and I was put out of my abject misery.
For anyone interested the price of the Wam is and I quote verbatim "that of a small island in the Indian Ocean"
Form an orderly queue.

Tbh you could’ve easily predicted that outcome, once PFP took over, and it was only going to end in tears.

advertisement

Back