advertisement

Wagner's Ring Cycle

Plenty of recommendations for Solti and I've just picked up the complete Ring on NM vinyl for £22, result!

My boxed set is in great condition, one side a bit full of pops but nothing a good RCM won't sort. Die Walkūre on the LP12 at the moment sounding rather good, interesting music wonderfully recorded. Thank you Fishers for the great recommendations, a really useful thread.

Not included in my bog standard cardboard boxed version, although I saw extra disks mentioned in the smart wooden crated versions. They were, however, a lot more than the £22 delivered I paid, over £250 I think. Are the Deryk Cooke CDs worth buying? I'm enjoying listening to the music blind with only the most cursory of looks at the story but more than happy to take Wagnerian Fisher's expert views.

The Deryck Cooke discs are definitely worth a listen, particularly now you have heard the operas and will have an idea of what he is talking about. No need to go to the trouble of finding LPs though, the CDs are entirely fine.

advertisement

Back