advertisement

[FS] Wadia 151PowerDac Mini Intergated Amplifier with Built-in DAC

Chris Cooke

pfm Member
Due to hearing loss, I am breaking up the desktop system I have spent much time and effort (and cost) building.

The amplifier part of this is my Wadia 151PowerDac.

The PowerDAC is DAC, digital pre-amplifer with a stereo power amplifier module. 20cm square. It supports only digital inputs (2x COAX, USB and TOSLINK), has no digital or analog outputs, a single pair of speaker binding posts and an IEC power cable. (I have a little line out converter to include if you want to wire in a sub.)

The specs are pretty straight forward. The 151 PowerDAC has an internal power supply; USB is asynchronous and supports to 96/24 (although the Wadia DigiMaster software up samples to 24bit/384k before outputting); total power from the Class-D digital amp module is around 25 wpc at 8 ohms (50 wpc at 4 ohms). And that is about it. The only other feature to note is that like all Wadia players the 151 comes with a phase polarity switch to ensure playback can be matched to the source if phase is an issue.

The technical details don't tell you everything. It sounds just great! Wadia quality.

My unit is in truly excellent condition, complete with remote but not original packaging.

I see one offered on the ruddy auction site at £891.

How does £350 plus delivery sound to you?
Collection from BN14 West Sussex preffered, but otherwise we can sort out the courier of your choice.

Photos to be added shortly.
I hope a comprehensive listing. Please PM me if I have missed anything.

These things are great, I have one and now have at least 2 people who want first refusal if I were ever to move it on. These weren’t people in the hi-fi community either, just people who having borrowed it, decided it was hard to live without.

GLWtS

advertisement

Back