Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] WAD/WD K5881 PSE Amplifier (or similar)

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by misterc6, May 2, 2022.

1. misterc6

misterc6 Wasted and wounded, it ain’t what the moon did

The valve/tube bug has bitten me again!

I've just acquired a recently built Mullard 5-10 which has reminded me just how entrancing the glowing orange tubes can be.

Back in the day, I built a WAD K5881 PSE and I'm now regretting selling it. A search of the attic has produced a box of 5881/6L6 valves that I'd like to use again.

World Designs have dropped the K5881 PSE from their range of kits and only do the KT88 and KEL84 designs.

Let me know what you've got!

2. royli

royli Member

You have PM.

3. misterc6

I’ve been offered a WAD 6550 and a WD88VA but I don’t want anything that powerful.

My ideal would be the K5881 PSE. 20 watts would be more than sufficient and I’d prefer single-ended, or PSE, over push-pull. An EL34 design is a possibility although I don’t have any of those in my tube rolling store. The WD KEL84 is also a possibility, or maybe an EL84 SE or PSE.

Still looking ……

4. Painterhill1970

Painterhill1970 New Member

Hi, do you know who it was that offered you the WAD 6550 and WD88VA as I would be interested in one of these, if you do not mind forwarding their details please

5. misterc6

I’ve sent you a PM

Painterhill1970 likes this.
  6. misterc6

My needs have changed, I’d still be interested on a 5881 PSE (but only the PSE version) or a KEL84 either the integrated version, or the power amp as long as it the volume control.

7. calorgas

calorgas Generic middle-aged man

The KEL84 is a little cracker imho, hope you find one.

misterc6 likes this.