advertisement

VPN services?

foxwelljsly

Me too, I ate one sour too.
I've had an IPVanish account for years, but it's really unreliable and drops all the time.

Anyone got a reccomendation for one that's stable on Mac OS?

Cheers

I use NordVPN - mainly on my Ipad but it works fine elsewhere(iMac and to MBP's). Not had any issues with it.

I'm getting quite tempted by a VPN. A question though - once you subscribe, can you then use it on multiple devices? For instance I use iPads, iPhone, iMac, MacBook, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and occasionally a PC. How would this work please?

I'm getting quite tempted by a VPN. A question though - once you subscribe, can you then use it on multiple devices? For instance I use iPads, iPhone, iMac, MacBook, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and occasionally a PC. How would this work please?

get a router capable of running a vpn connection.

As far as I know, I only have one Cyberghost licence, and I can use it on all my devices. When travelling (a distant memory), I found it had a pretty good list of IPs that BBC iPlayer hadn't blocked (yet)

get a router capable of running a vpn connection.
Thanks GT. Just checked, and apparently my latest BT router's “compatible” with VPN. So how do you install the VPN exactly? Where does it sit in the system?

I've a month's free trial of Express VPN, I paid for a month last December when we were on Feurteventura and it was very good, not cheap though.

all a different, you'll need to find a vpn that'll work with your router and there will be specific instructions whatever you choose.

I am curious as to why people think they need a VPN? I use one for corporate systems where I have to handle personal, confidential and sensitive data. Otherwise I see no need for one.

My wife has to use one for her work.

all a different, you'll need to find a vpn that'll work with your router and there will be specific instructions whatever you choose.

I am curious as to why people think they need a VPN? I use one for corporate systems where I have to handle personal, confidential and sensitive data. Otherwise I see no need for one.

My wife has to use one for her work.

If you live in the UK and use something a streaming service like NetFlix the content on the US version is different and often there are things there I'd want to watch. VPN gives you that. Also if you are travelling as mentioned above and you watn to watch the Beeb from abroad. More importantly it makes it more difficult for prying eyes on your connection should you wish for a bit more security.

Thanks GT. Just checked, and apparently my latest BT router's “compatible” with VPN. So how do you install the VPN exactly? Where does it sit in the system?

You can install it locally or in your router if you install it in your router everything connected to the router is connected to the internet via the vpn however if you install it locally ie on your laptop or phone or whatever it’s just an app that you download and register to.

US version is different and often there are things there I'd want to watch.

aha I c. Watching geographic redtrictee content you haven't paid for.

Eventually these Co's will choose to geolocate the device and map to IP address

aha I c. Watching geographic redtrictee content you haven't paid for.
I pay for the BBC, so why can't I view its content when I'm travelling abroad? It has also stuck in my craw that as a licence holder, I don't get a discount on their exhorbitant DVDs. Although the need for DVDs has rather diminished....

advertisement

Back