Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Voyd reference

Discussion in 'audio' started by jackal2513, Nov 22, 2010.

1. jackal2513

jackal2513 pfm Member

any good ?

seen a secondhand one which might be interesting to build up to something tasty ?

2. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

One was at the bake-off, it was very nice. I must admit it didn't especially groove my truffles, I liked the Lenco for its extreme cheapness, the WTA for its innovative engineering and my own 401 for its solid timing (and the fact that it's mine and I built it!) but if you like it, why not?

3. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

No, they are total shit - that's why everyone who owns one loves it!

Next question: The grass on the other side, is it really as green as they say?

Seriously though, I would only consider a one if the motors (all three of them), the electronics and the main bearing were OK.

4. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

I'm not sure they work with re-badged Denon 103's

5. Jag Audio

Jag Audio Trade: Jag Audio

The Voyd reference is in my experience a superb turntable as long as it is all set up properly and fully functioning.

I have a Voyd, not reference but the plus version that has a reference bearing/platter but normal split phase power supply (shoe box size). I am quite happy with my Voyd, different sounding to my PT Anniversary and the NA Mentor.

6. jackal2513

jackal2513 pfm Member

no, id put a cheap MM on it... just run it as a second 45rpm deck and for quickly checking through vinyl job lots

always liked the plinth on the Voyd, I reckon it could be fun and a nice addition to the living room

7. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

Good call, that's its true calling.

8. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Great idea, next up, I buy a Bugatti Veyron for the supermarket run and a 4x4 Hummer for popping down the paper shop. It could be fun and I like the way they look. In addition, I sometimes have to bump over the kerb to get to the paper shop parking spces, especially if someone else has parked carelessly.:confused:

9. i_should_coco

i_should_coco I am weasel

I agree. It's shit. ;) Don't buy one Jackal.

10. deserter

deserter pfm Member

Just stick with your resonant sand filled arm attached to a golf ball sitting in a bowl of gunk, with a heavy wobbly platter driven more or less firmly by a possibly or maybe not well knotted piece of fishing line, all sitting on some more sports accessories. forget looking at properly engineered decks, they dont work. Especially with non-cheapskate cartridges.

You know it makes sense.

11. zener

zener fluff

My Friend Les was involved at some point in its design , its rubbish , leave it some fool to buy.