advertisement

Voigtländer Noktons

Vuk,

Check DP Review --

Cosina has announced a Voigtländer branded Nokton 50mm F1.1 high speed lens for the Leica M mount, in a launch which marks the 10th anniversary of Cosina's Bessa series of rangefinder cameras. The Nokton becomes the second-fastest lens currently available for the M mount after the Leica Noctilux 50mm f/0.95, yet despite its speed weighs in at a relatively manageable 15 ounces and uses 58mm filters. The lens is constructed with 7 elements in 6 group and has minimum focusing distance of 1m. It will start shipping from the end of this month at a retail price of approximately 130,000 yen.
130,000 yen = $1,500 Cdn at today's rates. Not cheap, but still way cheaper than an f/0.95 Noctilust, or the f/1.0 version Cliff bought.

Joe

The Nokton 50mm f1.1 will be £950 in the UK when it ships in September. I paid £2k for my F1 Noctilux last summer, and have been quoted £4k if I want to sell it on a commission basis, so it is a pretty safe investment :).

This is getting biblical.
"For he that hath the most lenses, to him shall be given even more: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even the crummy ones that which he hath."

Guy,

Getting a Nokton would mean going back to small film and judging from your pix I'd say that 6x6 is your calling in life. It completes you.

Joe

advertisement

Back