advertisement

Vital hi Fi accessories that don't cost all that much?

I use spotify premium and IMO it sounds kind of... acceptable.

Even using a dragonfly DAC and Rock it Sounds R50 IEMs to my ears it sounds far from sublime alas. In my main stereo setup that is more transparent it gets worse.

If you can't spot the big difference between spotify and a lossles file (saying that spotify sounds sublime) I would say there is something very wrong with your setup.

My pot of gloop for cleaning dust off the stylus....zerodust. And a cup of tea. Made while the system warms up. In an orange mug.
That's the tea in the mug, it's not a mini system.

We've all got them.

My favourite is a headphones extension cable long enough to reach all the way to the bog, and allow me a little late night dance if I want.

What's yours?

Reading PFM every day. Has helped me develop my Hi-Fi no end.

CHE

Audio technica stylus cleaner has got to be the best and it has worked really well for years .Maplin dac also a bargain

I use spotify premium and IMO it sounds kind of... acceptable.

Even using a dragonfly DAC and Rock it Sounds R50 IEMs to my ears it sounds far from sublime alas. In my main stereo setup that is more transparent it gets worse.

If you can't spot the big difference between spotify and a lossles file (saying that spotify sounds sublime) I would say there is something very wrong with your setup.

Nobody said anything about spotting the difference between 320kbps and lossless. All things being equal lossless is obviously better...but well mastered 320kbps will beat poorly mastered lossless.

The Gregory Porter album on Spotify is stunning. Try it. I am not asking anyone to compare the same album to a lossless format though...

That be mischa (the house-bear)... a Leonberger.

She's absolutely gorgeous Clive. I often prefer dogs to people, they are as loyal a friend as you can get. I haven't had one since mine passed away six years ago (she was seventeen, I'd had her since I was 10), I was devastated but refrained from having another one due to my working hours.

It doesn't look like I will return to full time work now (luckily I have a pretty self sufficient business providing a decent income) so I may reconsider and get a pooch to keep me company. I often look after my friends Dalmatian anyway.

Here's my listening companion. Perhaps I need some cat's pee deflectors:D. (not really, he's house trained)
magnus.jpg

Mischa is a he :) despite many people using it as a girls name.
My best buddy.

Spotify sounds great at 320kbps. It was my only source for two and a half years and is still an important source now in the age of 16/44.1 streaming. If it's not on Qobuz/Deezer/Tidal/Pandora etc it's usually on Spotify.

And hey, it beats piracy.

Heck, your dog is really something, Clive.
A lot different to the Jack Russel/Dandy Dinmont terrier we had for 13 years.
Cannot let the family see your photo - I would be pestered to death!

Best wishes.

Mischa is a he :) despite many people using it as a girls name.
My best buddy.

Spotify sounds great at 320kbps. It was my only source for two and a half years and is still an important source now in the age of 16/44.1 streaming. If it's not on Qobuz/Deezer/Tidal/Pandora etc it's usually on Spotify.

And hey, it beats piracy.

Sorry for doubting your dog's masculinity Clive, he's beautiful.

I often have my best friends dog whilst he is working, I love him like he's my own.

Here is is with my daughter.
image.jpg1.jpg

And yes, I use spotify and quobuz too, can't imagine being without them now.

Does he like music?

My girl insists on having the best central stereo seat and protests if the music stops.

Clive,

Cheers.

I must congratulate you for your impeccable taste in dogs.

Cannot say the same about your views on spotify's SQ though. :)

So finding your system sounding sublime using Spotify actually means it is wrongly set up.

Give me strength.

advertisement

Back