advertisement

Vinyl vs CD - In The Lab.

Still, the differences in graph two are an order of magnitude less than those in the first one it would seem -they are to all intents and purposes identical in the midrange for instance.
Here is graph 1, just the SP10 and LP12, with the LP12 lifted 6dB everywhere,

GL_compare_matched.png

Paul

Still some way off though Paul wouldn't you agree? Graph 1 appears to be showing a 6-7db shift courtesy of the LP12 installation centered around 1khz.

I can see the same trend in the second graph but to a far lesser degree so I guess there's another reason for it.

Glad to hear you are EQ'ing though. I still find it odd that people have such an aversion to such common sense methods, yet spend hours playing with cartridge loading :)

Still some way off though Paul wouldn't you agree? Graph 1 appears to be showing a 6-7db shift courtesy of the LP12 installation centered around 1khz.
I don't understand. The Arkiv is naturally about 6dB quieter than the AT33PTG, when this is accounted for then you see that the responses are different, and this difference is pretty consistent turntable/arm-turntable/arm. The measurements are inevitably somewhat material dependent since part of the hf response is the system noise.

Paul

Sorry Paul.

Having difficulty jumping around a very small laptop screen.

I think we've found a way to kill off drawn out troll fests though - just post copious quantities of Audacity graphs over a few pages.

advertisement

Back