advertisement

Vinyl brush for wet cleaning..

I found a gasket ring from a plumbing supply store (the type they use for larger diameter pipes). I glued it to a pvc pipe fitting to hold it down, and this covers the label area perfectly and protects it from the cleaning liquid. Total cost was maybe $4.

I used two of these with the included gasket, drilled a hole in it and purchased the screw-on knob from the same hardware store.

http://www.hardwareandtools.com/Bell-Weatherproof-5374-0-4-Round-Blank-Cover-Plate-Gray-6199145.html

Clearaudio wet cleaning brush. ~£15, especially suited to scrubbers

Didn't realise the Clearaudio RCM had a (felt?) pad until my friend said yesterday that his was very effective and was softer than a brush.

At £15, probably worth a punt

Didn't realise the Clearaudio RCM had a (felt?) pad until my friend said yesterday that his was very effective and was softer than a brush.

At £15, probably worth a punt

Hi Mike,

Felt? More likely to be velvet (like the MoFi "brush")

Velvet's surface consists of soft, fine, short and straight filaments which are able to wipe the insides of grooves, whereas felt's surface doesn't.

Although - now that you mention it - felt could be a marketing opportunity with so many original Linn LP12 felt mats needing to be put to some constructive use... :D

:cool:

Hi Mike,

Felt? More likely to be velvet (like the MoFi "brush")

Velvet's surface consists of soft, fine, short and straight filaments which are able to wipe the insides of grooves, whereas felt's surface doesn't.

:cool:

Cheers; I felt (!) I was wrong, hence interrogative in parentheses. Velvet, of course, but the MoFi is considerably more expensive than the Clearaudio. Maybe better; who knows?

Cheers; I felt (!) I was wrong, hence interrogative in parentheses. Velvet, of course, but the MoFi is considerably more expensive than the Clearaudio. Maybe better; who knows?

Not me, I've used a Clearaudio brush for 2 years with my VPI with no problems but I only bought it because it was the ceapest option I could find that seemed to be designed for wet cleaning and I've never tried an alternative, including the VPI one.

Not me, I've used a Clearaudio brush for 2 years with my VPI with no problems but I only bought it because it was the ceapest option I could find that seemed to be designed for wet cleaning and I've never tried an alternative, including the VPI one.

Surprised your VPI (16,5?) didn't come with its own brush, unless you bought it used without, of course.

Nonetheless, it's an endorsement for me; cheers.

advertisement

Back