advertisement

Vintage speaker advice......

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
They look a bit like the Cambridge R40 with the grills removed.

Cambridge R40 and the taller R50 are both classic "Transmission Line"
loudspeakers, fyi.

I know- I have a pair of R50 that I cannot sell, because no-one anywhere near me wants to buy them...

I know- I have a pair of R50 that I cannot sell, because no-one anywhere near me wants to buy them...

So sorry to hear this, maybe it's a blessing.

I have each a pair of R40s and Boxed R50s with their original packing, both in storage, they will need attention to work properly as they have been in storage unused since 2003. :eek:

Edit: Cambridge R50s were the first ever proper loudspeaker I listen to in a basement flat owned by a flatmate, being driven by a Quad 33 303, TT was a connoisseur BD1, Arm was the SAU2 and cartridge fitted was a Shure M75ED.

Well the boring 8000A is now gone to a better place (sold)

Now using my Ditton 25s on the Tandberg 2075. Lovely sound.

Bit of an input issue as it will only do 2 x phono and 2 x tape recorders, no aux. The phonos are really close so I have used a couple of 5 pin din to 4 phono leads for the reel to reel and the minidisc. The Nak tape deck has no connection yet but I can double up the input using the spare tape 1 phono input for my cdp. Tape 2 phono will do for the Nak but at the moment it will not fit in the gap left by the departing 8000A and 8000T.

I need a Nak tape deck that isn't so high as an LX3

^^^

"Disaster Area" Bands PA...

tumblr_mgzy7nouBg1rq5drao1_400.gifv

advertisement

Back