advertisement

Vintage Sony pre/power going cheap (well relatively)

That is nice looking kit. It is such a shame Sony are gone from the audio market, they made a lot of superb kit. I’ve always been impressed with the build quality of the better stuff, and that has to be as good as they ever got. I’ve got some of the early ‘70s stuff, e.g. an ST-5150 tuner and it is a fabulous thing. Just so well made e.g. proper glass tuning scale, not plastic, really heavy build etc, and that wasn’t even top of range. I’ve always liked the CD players too. Still fancy getting a top-end ES-level CD player at some point.

I still have a TA1055 and it’s matching ST 5055L tuner I bought for my father maybe twenty years ago. These were the same models my high school purchased for one of its music rooms along with a PS210,TC377 and SS7100 in the early 70’s.

These were pretty modern in comparison to the vintage Philips and Hacker stuff they had in the other two rooms!

Sky-Fi is a boutique used gear shop that sells everything at 2-4 times their actual worth. They cater to the the nuoveau-riche from NYC who don't know any better!

advertisement

Back