Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FREE] Vintage KB model LR10FM Valve Radio

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Alex S, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

Hello, I dug this out incase it was full of Mullards :) It wasn't but last time I used it in anger it sounded very nice. I fired it up and it still worked, no valves blew up although the Sovtek EL84 looks a bit knackered. The valves are out and I did't look where they went so I've left them out. The silver selector switch is split and needs glueing or replacement. It needs a service and a clean. There's no back board or speaker cloth.

Pickup only from Greenwich SE10. Soon please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike P likes this.
  2. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

Nice thing it's actually still very much useable having FM, I don't recall seeing a valve radio with FM before. If I had the time I'd take it on.

Alex S likes this.
  3. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

It’s actually a KB model LR10FM

It’s just the speaker that is Goodmans!

Alex S likes this.
  4. Alex S

5. Alex S

If no one wants it for a few days, I might change tack and ask if someone would like to restore it for me (for money obviously).

6. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

I think this would be a fantastic thing to have on the shelf in a home office.

I don't have a home office sadly or any space to accommodate elsewhere. Hope it finds a good home.

Alex S likes this.
  7. calorgas

calorgas Ratty bumpkin

Yeah get it restored! I'd love something like that in tiptop order, saw an absolute beaut at the home of someone I met via vintage- radio.net and have secretly obsessed over the idea ever since.

Alex S likes this.
  8. garyi

garyi leave blank

9. Alex S

Awfully sorry Gary. My version has 16 paragraphs

Tonewheelkev likes this.
  10. Alex S

Have to say it sounds way better than any modern Pure type thing as is but it’s a bit big for my small kitchen.

calorgas likes this.
  11. Alex S

This is one of those occasions when I really wish I could do this kind of work. I can do the cloth, the case and the backboard to perfection. Anyone fancy doing the rest?

12. Alex S

Thread title changed to reflect the actual radio on offer.

13. Avinunca

Avinunca Canine Hifi and electronics enthusiast.

I remember as a child being fascinated by all the place names on my parents Eko valve radio. That was in the days before cheap mass air travel.

Alex S likes this.
  14. Avinunca

Avinunca Canine Hifi and electronics enthusiast.

15. Alex S

Can’t even give stuff away..

16. Alex S

Do I have to put this back in the attic?