advertisement

Viewing Digital Photos

neilm

pfm Member
A query for collected experts.
As a relatively early adopter in the world of Digital photography I now have the best part of 10 years worth of photos.

What methods do you recommend for viewing digital photos to get the most pleasure out of them?

thanks in advance

Neil

An echo to what Cliff said - none of us really print photos any more and the family album is long gone. To this end, you could choose some of the better photos and turn them into a book, year books even. Then you could share them with family and friends.

Blurb or Photobox would be a first port of call, it'll give you an idea of how to achieve this.

1. Nice print, on the wall

2. Nice print, but small enough to pass a few around friends with a glass of wine/whisky in the other hand

3. Family album/photobook. My wife is great - she maintains a family album and I make the prints. I only make small prints for the album and I try to keep the numbers sensible, but it's a nice record of the children growing up.

Printing is a really good way to force yourself to edit ruthlessly. Prints take up real space and so you learn to look at them and keep the ones you really value:)

MIke

Thanks Gents

appreciate the responses, hard copies + ruthless editing appears to be the way forward
Some photo books for significant events makes an interesting additional proposition for sure

Neil

While not very 'high end', I also like having these pictures as screen saver on my computers and video projectors (the modern equivalent of slide shows)...

I use some as a screen saver on the PC. I was also given a digital photo frame which rarely gets used.

Prints are good. A photobook is a great option. I have done a couple for my mother so she can see what we have been up to.

Something I did recently was have a selection of prints mounted on acrylic and one on canvas to put around the house. A few more and the hallway may be classified as a gallery.

Not sure if it's a good idea or not, but digital frames are getting better and you can load a stack of shots on a memory card and they'll change like a slide show.

advertisement

Back