advertisement

Video - On why cables may matter

Read the comments on YouTube. No magic at work here, just cable shielding

No idea if he is correct or not but the video reinforces the message that cables act as aerials and he clearly stated these were not shields cables, rather cables that were constructed to filter RFI and other noise due to their construction providing a filtering effect on RFI that would always be present on any system due to mains or other components. Shielded cables may dramatically reduce RFI pickup but they will not filter any existing RFI.

Twenty minutes to say nothing. Appalling as usual on YouTube. I should have listened to twenty minutes of music.

Well you have to connect stuff together somehow if you will insist in covering one end of your living room with all these boxes that are often nudging up against each other with cables that are bound to nudge against each other too!

Reminds me of the day I took a Russ Andrews "Noise Sniffer" down to Naim HQ when my 52 was being serviced. The guys there were quite amused about what it actually contained and consisted of.

Been wary of Snake Oil salesmen ever since.

Reminds me of the day I took a Russ Andrews "Noise Sniffer" down to Naim HQ when my 52 was being serviced. The guys there were quite amused about what it actually contained and consisted of.

Been wary of Snake Oil salesmen ever since.

Fair few would make a similar comment on opening up some Naim boxes.

advertisement

Back