advertisement

Victoria Wood RIP

andy831

pfm Member
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

"Comedian Victoria Wood has died aged 62 after a short battle with cancer, her publicist has said.
She found fame in the 1980s with her TV series Victoria Wood As Seen On TV.
The actress, singer and songwriter was awarded an CBE in 2008"

Bloody hell!

Very talented lady.

Mrs Mull will be especially gutted. She was a massive fan.

RIP

Mull

Oh no, that is a shock. Very talented lady, loved some of those Wood & Walters shows. RIP.

No way! What a real shame. She was a great comedienne, actress and nice caring person, but really came into her own in Dinnerladies.

There are too many of these threads recently.

RIP Victoria.

Cards on the table, as a performer she did zero for me. However, my wife called just now, she is 61 which makes this so so sad. A life gone way too soon.

Martin.

How sad, had no idea she had been ill, what a great loss. That was a real shock to read this.

Her witty dialogue and songs will be sadly missed. I see her humour as springing out of very ordinary situations somewhat like Alan Bennett and Peter Kay and was no doubt admired by them.

I wonder how long she had been ill? I can't recall her being on TV for quite some while now.

Her close friend Anne Reid told C4 News earlier that she learnt of her illness before last Xmas.. pretty recent then?

"It's something called Music and Movement,
When you run about to a tune...

Miss is joining in. She's gone all red.
She's the moon and we're the sea.
There's a big scab on my knee.
I'll save it for tonight when I'm in bed."

Thanks love and goodnight x.

Sad loss. Too young. So talented.

There is a DVD set of Acorn Antiques I bought a year or so ago.
Having seen the episodes at least twice before I was still laughing fit to burst.

advertisement

Back