advertisement

vertically mounted NCC200s?

I thought the same and checked out the cost of making my own... the cost of the aluminium is truly horrific! They will be buying it in much bigger quantities and getting considerable discount of course but to buy in enough sheet aluminium to make say 4 cases would have cost about 60% of the cost of the finished cases from Modushop!!:eek::eek:

Add the cost of getting the metal cut and drilled etc to professional standard by a local engineering firm and I don't believe you could make them for any less.... then there's the considerable labour and hassle involved!

Also in the case (sic) of the larger Dissipante cases with huge heatsinks then similar heatsinks bought in from RS etc are not at all competitive on price compared with the Modushop offerings.

TLDR; I also thought they were charging a fortune for "empty boxes" but after this exercise I have to regard the prices as very fair.
Yeah, they're not that expensive, as things go these days!

This one then?

https://modushop.biz/site/index.php?route=product/product&path=205_208_269_271&product_id=194

Tallest components are the CAP6 boards at ~ 60mm tall; case depth is 80mm. I don't see any need for more clearance, do you?

Thanks very much,

Alex

Yeah, they're not that expensive, as things go these days!

This one then?

https://modushop.biz/site/index.php?route=product/product&path=205_208_269_271&product_id=194

Tallest components are the CAP6 boards at ~ 60mm tall; case depth is 80mm. I don't see any need for more clearance, do you?
Yeah, that's what I often use. However, if your rack has the depth, I suggest you go with 400mm, to make positioning things easier. 300mm can be rather restrictive, especially given the space the fins steal.

Yeah, that's what I often use. However, if your rack has the depth, I suggest you go with 400mm, to make positioning things easier. 300mm can be rather restrictive, especially given the space the fins steal.
Thanks Mike. Yeah I wondered about that myself - I just laid everything out on the desk and I can get it in 360 x 300... but there's not much room for manoeuvre!

Advice taken!

Ta

Alex

advertisement

Back