advertisement

Vertex AQ - anyone any experience?

heihei

pfm Member
I heard a demo this weekend of a system that used both their DAC and treatments. As I did no A/B on the DAC it's hard to put into full context but sounded v good.
I did get to A/B a number of their treatments though, and was very impressed with the impact. Anyone else have experience?

Although this type of thing is characterized as "foo" on this forum , I am using most of their products to good effect . I have gone back on the interconnects and speaker leads to using DNM's HFTN leads, they have extra clarity. I have a DNM 3D pre and Vacuum State 300B power with JBL k2 speakers. I value realism over "oomph".

Wow, that is an incredible piece of foo. "Remember also that, left unchecked, vibration can go down one lead, through plugs/sockets/connectors and up another lead. For example, vibration from a big power supply in an amp say, can travel down its mains lead, and up the mains lead to a sensitive pre-amp or phono-stage."

Huff can you please resize your diagram.

No, no matter how much I huff or puff, because it is a direct link to their website. But I can simply remove it. It just shows the amazing disregard for physical reality they exhibit.

tried vertex speaker links to no effect and tried a jeya to no effect at all . i hear good things about the taga though and some folks love the speaker cable

Wow, that is an incredible piece of foo. "Remember also that, left unchecked, vibration can go down one lead, through plugs/sockets/connectors and up another lead. For example, vibration from a big power supply in an amp say, can travel down its mains lead, and up the mains lead to a sensitive pre-amp or phono-stage."

Sounds like the plot of a sci-fi horror movie...

Do you remember the VertexAQ/NordOst/RoyGregory 'Measurement Initiative' of a few years ago?

Odd isn't it that all these sort of mains cleaning/filter foo products always have a hierarchy of standard, better, best at increasing cost and of course you need more than one for it to be truly effective.

Odd isn't it that all these sort of mains cleaning/filter foo products always have a hierarchy of standard, better, best at increasing cost and of course you need more than one for it to be truly effective.

Sounds just like Flatcap > Hicap > Supercap :)

of course :p

I was given a pair of Vertex Aq speaker cables a few years ago. Sold them to purchase my my new rig. I felt that I heard a difference but was never convinced that it was an improvement. I've also been given an Entreq Siver Tellus earthing box. I can hear an improvement. Have I been foo'ed?

advertisement

Back