advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part VI

No 10 blocks Russia EU referendum report until after election
Decision to prevent publication described as ‘jaw-dropping’ by Dominic Grieve

Why? It’s complete and ready for the public to see. Let me guess, Russia badly wants Brexit and Russians are known to fund the Conservative Party.

No 10 blocks Russia EU referendum report until after election
Decision to prevent publication described as ‘jaw-dropping’ by Dominic Grieve

Why? It’s complete and ready for the public to see. Let me guess, Russia badly wants Brexit and Russians are known to fund the Conservative Party.

As I said elsewhere on another forum, I suspect it is because they don't want to begin a war of words or worse with Russia at this already challenging time for our country.

Free in Scotland, for Scottish citizens.

Of course it's not free. Nothing is free. Someone is paying for it and in the case of Scottish University education that would be the UK taxpayers who are providing the 'free' education.

are you suggesting there are no tax-payers in scootland? shirley shome mishtake?

I am suggesting that the taxation of the whole of the UK goes towards paying for the "free " Scottish education. I also know that everyone on here knew exactly what was meant but reverted to kilt wearing for a brief moment whilst penning their replies.

Hairy.. I presume you are eluding to the plethora of Scottish flag waving tax dodgers from up there ?

I don't think that it's the taxes..I think its the weather they don't like.:)

And I thought that JC was the one with ties to Russia...
Not to mention all the anti-Brexit MPs someone in No.10 said we’re going to be investigated for collaboration with a foreign power. I presume that was Cummings having a major tantrum when the “Surrender Bill” went through.

Some stats bloke on Sky right now reporting on a poll just out in Wales that implies the Labour vote has collapsed hugely and that if it is accurate could mean the Tories will do very well there. I find it astonishing as Wales has always been overwhelmingly Labour.

Some stats bloke on Sky right now reporting on a poll just out in Wales that implies the Labour vote has collapsed hugely and that if it is accurate could mean the Tories will do very well there. I find it astonishing as Wales has always been overwhelmingly Labour.
Other parties are available...

As I said elsewhere on another forum, I suspect it is because they don't want to begin a war of words or worse with Russia at this already challenging time for our country.

I suspect that's what 'they' want you to think. Nothing to see here, move along please. Let's hope some disgruntled civil servant leaks the thing.

Wales voted 'Leave' so they are likely to vote Conservative / Brexit Party. If you didn't vote leave then you'll vote for Plaid Cymru who have followed the SNP on a policy of decoupling from leave England and joining the EU.

Wales voted 'Leave' so they are likely to vote Conservative / Brexit Party. If you didn't vote leave then you'll vote for Plaid Cymru who have followed the SNP on a policy of decoupling from leave England and joining the EU.

I heard a stat suggestion somewhere that the Welsh ‘leave vote’ was likely tipped by elderly English gammon who have retired there! Leaving will hammer the farming communities and a lot of the poorer Welsh areas have received huge subsidies from EU grants that they’d not stand even a hope in hell of seeing from the Westminster Tory party. Will we see a return to burning holiday homes etc?

I heard a stat suggestion somewhere that the Welsh ‘leave vote’ was likely tipped by elderly English gammon who have retired there! Leaving will hammer the farming communities and a lot of the poorer Welsh areas have received huge subsidies from EU grants that they’d not stand even a hope in hell of seeing from the Westminster Tory party. Will we see a return to burning holiday homes etc?
How is it possible to know that?

Other parties are available...
Only for those planning on making Wales poorer.

How is it possible to know that?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/sep/22/english-people-wales-brexit-research

The question of why Wales voted to leave the EU can in large part be answered by the number of English retired people who have moved across the border, research has found.

Despite being one of the biggest beneficiaries of EU funding, Wales voted leave by a majority of 52% to 48% in the 2016 referendum – a result that took some analysts by surprise. However, work by Danny Dorling, a professor of geography at Oxford, found that the result could in part be attributed to the influence of English voters.

“If you look at the more genuinely Welsh areas, especially the Welsh-speaking ones, they did not want to leave the EU,” Dorling told the Sunday Times. “Wales was made to look like a Brexit-supporting nation by its English settlers.”

Those despicable English settlers. :D
Bit harsh, Brian

english-setter.jpg

Not necessarily. The white settler english retiree gammon apparently swung it, and opinions have changed, plus a greater turnout of the indigenous population may well swing for remain parties, like Plaid.
Arfon, where I live was in any case strongly remain.

advertisement

Back