advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hancock is a political windsock. With Johnson you can tell he’s lying because his lips are moving, with Hancock you can see the eyes swivelling even before he opens his mouth. Interestingly Johnson gave him a job even after challenging Johnson for the leadership, undoubtedly because Johnson, along with everyone else, would have seen Hancock’s bid as utterly preposterous.

He’s a right fart.

I've worked in a number of Blue Collar working environments over the last 45 years, and there are plenty - plenty - of people in that grouping who think that Labour should support them, and if that means, for example, getting rid of foreign workers to save their jobs, then that's what needs to happen. And there are lots of Labour voters who are happily racist as well, so the switch to Boris isn't as odd to them as it may seem to us here at PFM; in my last (and final!!) employ in the NHS as team leader for a number of Band 1/2 Porters, Corbyn was seen as someone who is as apart from their daily lives as BJ - Farage was their man....

*edited*

Talking of Hancock:-

Screenshot-2019-10-30-Nicola-Sturgeon-on-Twitter-How-many-times.png

:D

It's contagious. Seems that the Liberal Democrats are equally adept at lying as Boris is. Sam Gyimah on Ch4 just now saying they won the European elections "by a country mile". Brexit Party won 29 seats, LibDem: 16 seats. The interviewer (Krishnan Guru-Murthy) failed to challenge his statement.

Just as I detest the Brexit party and the Conservatives, this misrepresentation of facts encourages a distrust of the LibDems too.

Still think the biggest issue is going to be what Farage chooses to do - if they run in everywhere, then all bets are off as they will hit both Labour (in strong leave areas) as well as Conservatives.....if on the other hand they choose to be selective, and give the Tories a clearer run in marginals, then the odds of Johnson being returned with a working majority (I still don't think it will be a landslide, but anything >25 or so would be more than enough for him) are far higher.

FT reporting that there will be announcement on Friday on the Brexit Party plans - very interesting to see what happens.

Still think the biggest issue is going to be what Farage chooses to do - if they run in everywhere, then all bets are off as they will hit both Labour (in strong leave areas) as well as Conservatives.....if on the other hand they choose to be selective, and give the Tories a clearer run in marginals, then the odds of Johnson being returned with a working majority (I still don't think it will be a landslide, but anything >25 or so would be more than enough for him) are far higher.

FT reporting that there will be announcement on Friday on the Brexit Party plans - very interesting to see what happens.

One thing you can be sure of is that Labour/Liberals/Greens will not co-operate to anything like the same purpose. Voters will have to think carefully about how effective their vote can be in their interest and that may not be their ususal choice. That's a bigger head shift for some, than for others.

The Tories are unashamed of becoming The Brexit Party, not just on Brexit either. Normally you would hope it would lose them a large chunk of support. Sadly this time I'm not so sure.

i'd be very surprised if they [brex*t pahtee] do anything other than collude with their far-right chums in the toxic tory party.

was listening to douglas murray on't radio this am. dear god, another archetypal, entitled and elitist white supremacist. arrogant and smug in his divisive opinions. you guys can only hope that jc gets his act together and we see john mcd in #11.

i'd be very surprised if they [brex*t pahtee] do anything other than collude with their far-right chums in the toxic tory party.

was listening to douglas murray on't radio this am. dear god, another archetypal, entitled elitist. arrogant and smug in his divisive opinions. you guys can only hope that jc gets his act together and we see john mcd in #11.

Blimey, if you think that Murray's opinions are divisive, wait until John mcd is in number 11 and the state expropriation of corporate and private assets begins.

It's contagious. Seems that the Liberal Democrats are equally adept at lying as Boris is. Sam Gyimah on Ch4 just now saying they won the European elections "by a country mile". Brexit Party won 29 seats, LibDem: 16 seats. The interviewer (Krishnan Guru-Murthy) failed to challenge his statement.

Just as I detest the Brexit party and the Conservatives, this misrepresentation of facts encourages a distrust of the LibDems too.

TBF, he used to be a Tory, so he's had plenty of practice. :rolleyes:

Blimey, if you think that Murray's opinions are divisive, wait until John mcd is in number 11 and the state expropriation of corporate and private assets begins.

we live in one of the most unequal societies in the western world. probably only the usa beats us in that regard. society is badly in need of an adjustment, a re-balancing. we need a huge shift towards education and the promotion of a more egalitarian ethos in this country and i'm sorry but i don't believe that blojo, banks and dom are the people to deliver that.

I don't see any mystery about their intentions. I will be stunned if farage does anything other than help the Tories along.

Two cheeks of the same arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back