advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
DIY. The BBC can tell you the result in your constituency last time: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies

Do you really need anything else to work out how to vote tactically?

There's always going to be some guesswork involved, as other voters also change allegiance. Opinion polls won't help as the sample size per constituency is too small (even 10 people per constituency would be bigger than most polls and, if Get Voting did a megapoll of 46k, as they claim, that's about 70 per constituency).

The Brexiteer, Britannia Unchained, Conservative clone army is being prepped as we speak. It's already been tested.

440px-Official_portrait_of_Andrew_Bridgen_crop_2.jpg

440px-Official_portrait_of_Mr_Mark_Francois_crop_2.jpg

Stephen

This is why I am a lesbian. That there is vile male gammon given the old bleached chicken treatment

DIY. The BBC can tell you the result in your constituency last time: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies

Do you really need anything else to work out how to vote tactically?

There's always going to be some guesswork involved, as other voters also change allegiance. Opinion polls won't help as the sample size per constituency is too small (even 10 people per constituency would be bigger than most polls and, if Get Voting did a megapoll of 46k, as they claim, that's about 70 per constituency).
According to Best for Britain tactical voting involves a very complex series of calculations that unfortunately they can’t tell you about.

Bulls____ers. Just vote whoever came closest in 2017. Ignore the EU election.

According to Best for Britain tactical voting involves a very complex series of calculations that unfortunately they can’t tell you about.

Bulls____ers. Just vote whoever came closest in 2017. Ignore the EU election.

Yup. Simple and likely to be most effective, especially if all tactical voters use the same algorithm.

As @matthewr suggested, this is a co-ordination problem, not an exercise in fortune-telling.

They recommend voting Lib Dem here in NW Hampshire.

tactical.vote recommend Labour.

I'm not surprised,

2010 (not a great Lab year) 6.9k Lab - 12.4k Lib Dem
2017 (not a great Lib dem year) 13.7k Lab - 5.7k Lib Dem.

Their high and low points are similar. Keep an eye on the campaign polling.

Similar story at Sevenoaks, Tory out of sight in both.

My feeling was Labour would be the best tactical vote Gary, so I may well end up voting that way. Anything to get rid of this toxic slime calling themselves the Conservative Party.

In your shoes, if you care about environmental issues, I would consider voting Green. They won't win -- let's face it, the Tories are going to win there, whatever -- but you could help save their deposit.

I'm not surprised,

2010 (not a great Lab year) 6.9k Lab - 12.4k Lib Dem
2017 (not a great Lib dem year) 13.7k Lab - 5.7k Lib Dem.

Their high and low points are similar. Keep an eye on the campaign polling.

Similar story at Sevenoaks, Tory out of sight in both.
Similar figures here too in 2015 and 2017. The tactical.vote methodology would have suggested I vote LibDem in 2017 but I and thousands of others voted Labour instead as they seemed to have momentum (small ‘m’) at the time. As suggested, co-ordination is key. If we had all voted the same way we might have reduced the Tory majority to 20k or so.

I'm fortunate here, it's a Con/Lab 50-50 split with a current 300 vote Con majority. Libs are nowhere, they were about 1500 votes last time, barely ahead of Independent Yorkshire Lamppost Shaggers and the rest. It was a narrow win for Remain and the current MP is a Brexiter.

I'm fortunate here, it's a Con/Lab 50-50 split with a current 300 vote Con majority. Libs are nowhere, they were about 1500 votes last time, barely ahead of Independent Yorkshire Lamppost Shaggers and the rest. It was a narrow win for Remain and the current MP is a Brexiter.
getvoting say: Vote Lib-Dem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back