advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
My previous father in law was a radio/tv engineer starting in the 1950s when the public purchased sets for the coronation. A very bright chap who can turn his hand to most things - plumbing, heating, domestic electtrics. Yep you guessed it, he voted Leave. Also, he doesn't have a racist bone in his body. Go figure.

Rachel

What was his reason for voting leave, do you know?

Stephen

I've said it before but my old man worked for British Gas for 50 years, 25 of those also as a retained Firefighter, was a GMB rep at BG, staunch Labour supporter and voter, local Labour councillor throughout the 80s, we'd regularly get dragged to the Miner's Welfare when Dennis Skinner was talking.

He's now full blown gammon, thinks the sun shines out of Farage's arse and couldn't wait to vote leave, thinks Trump is great etc. He's a bright bloke so I don't know what has gone wrong, probably just typical old age Right Wing disease, he's embarrassing to talk/listen to these days. Although he is a bit of a misogynistic racist so there's probably that.

My previous father in law was a radio/tv engineer starting in the 1950s when the public purchased sets for the coronation. A very bright chap who can turn his hand to most things - plumbing, heating, domestic electrics. Yep you guessed it, he voted Leave. Also, he doesn't have a racist bone in his body. Go figure.

Well, that's got me foxed. I can't see any correlation between his career, diverse talents nor racist bias or lack of. His age and experience may have been a factor, possibly.Maybe I've missed the fact that radio and TV engineers voted almost unanimously to leave.

Well, that's got me foxed. I can't see any correlation between his career, diverse talents nor racist bias or lack of. His age and experience may have been a factor, possibly.Maybe I've missed the fact that radio and TV engineers voted almost unanimously to leave.
That is really, really funny but haven’t you got anything better to do on this gloomy Sunday in late October? :)

PS 77.3% of self employed carpet fitters voted to leave, 99% of costermongers wanted to remain while a mere 12% of farriers even bothered to vote. Also, I have no idea whatsoever why Princess Michael of Kent has a man’s name.

My previous father in law was a radio/tv engineer starting in the 1950s when the public purchased sets for the coronation. A very bright chap who can turn his hand to most things - plumbing, heating, domestic electtrics. Yep you guessed it, he voted Leave. Also, he doesn't have a racist bone in his body. Go figure.

Rachel
Rachel? Seriously? You missed a huge opportunity with that post.

Should have signed off as (cathode) Ray.

That is really, really funny but haven’t you got anything better to do on this gloomy Sunday in late October? :)

PS 77.3% of self employed carpet fitters voted to leave, 99% of costermongers wanted to remain while a mere 12% of farriers even bothered to vote. Also, I have no idea whatsoever why Princess Michael of Kent has a man’s name.
I believe there's a significant pro-Leave bias among street urchins, lamplighters and knocker-uppers, as well.

What was his reason for voting leave, do you know?

Stephen

Not sure if you'll get an answer Stephen. I asked him about why his friends living in Portugal voted leave and the silence was deafening. Ironic really, after he made a comment about remainers going silent after his post that not all leavers are racists. Which I agree with, btw.

Not sure if you'll get an answer Stephen. I asked him about why his friends living in Portugal voted leave and the silence was deafening. Ironic really, after he made a comment about remainers going silent after his post that not all leavers are racists. Which I agree with, btw.
There's a trend emerging, isn't there. Fred seems to be surrounded by people who buck the typical Leave stereotype. Makes you wonder.

356aad48afc4bcfe12056552304c124f174abc9f.jpeg

Nematode.

Controversial I know but the conservatives are ok if you are prepared to put aside some minor issues such as speaking their truth on the side of buses, common sense,decency to your fellow man, good old fashioned morality and making the stupid idiots bail out your banker mates and of course your share stock,all are very acceptable form and god feck the peasants.

Childish behaviour is of course central to the DNA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49798197
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-conservative-party-15-points-ahead-of-labour
The polls agree with you.

Mmmm let me see . . .

Well, I started the day taking my two dogs for a walk along the beautiful beach near where I live. Then I came back and got my bike ready and met my cycling teammates. Did a 70-odd mile ride including very nice cafe stop.

Now I’ve had a shower and a bite to eat I’m relaxing before calling in to see my two grandsons. Then I’ll be going out to watch my musician son who has a gig tonight.

I’d imagine you’ve done the square root of f@ck all today.

PS You really do need to bin that profile pic ;-)
Then did you wake up in your arm chair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back