advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed.. and it still amazes me that despite their huge and expensive journalistic resource.. the only people they can find when looking for 'the man/woman in the street', are ones who are signally incapable of stringing two words together to make a coherent phrase.. much less a sentence.
Maybe that is how they find out what the average voter is thinking.

Is low re-news less stressful to watch?

I listen to the radio so I don't have to see Johnson's smirk when he lies.

Stephen
usually radio is my first news input. when someone is lying through their teeth it seems so much more obvious compared to seeing the same lie repeated later on TV. Do the pictures help mask the lie?

Controversial I know but the conservatives are ok if you are prepared to put aside some minor issues such as speaking their truth on the side of buses, common sense,decency to your fellow man, good old fashioned morality and making the stupid idiots bail out your banker mates and of course your share stock,all are very acceptable form and god feck the peasants.

Childish behaviour is of course central to the DNA

Indeed.. and it still amazes me that despite their huge and expensive journalistic resource.. the only people they can find when looking for 'the man/woman in the street', are ones who are signally incapable of stringing two words together to make a coherent phrase.. much less a sentence.

It's slightly more nuanced than that, if it's in London they always find some well spoken educated members of the public to back up their bias on whatever issue they are 'discussing', if it's anywhere north of Watford they deliberately find incherent uneducated people to reinforce the stereotypes they so love to promote. The sooner the BBC is gone the better!

They interviewed a couple yesterday, from Dorset I think.

The lady was Dutch I think and the man was English possibly but they were bloody brilliant, they had been on the march and spoke very very well about all of the issues surrounding Brexit etc and the bbc interviewer gave them plenty of time and even debated with them.

Pretty refreshing actually.

I’m still in a state of shock and physical repulsion that Sky is unquestionably better on the detail and less biased than the BBC! I watch it as my default TV news now, topped up with C4 and Newsnight. I’ve all but given up on BBC News 24 and Politics Live.
BBC coverage of the march was non existent, and coverage of the days politics narrow and superficial.
ITV news, while not perfect, was on a different level. BBC is now unapologetically the propaganda arm of the tory party, and will do all it can to prop it up and further it's aims.

BBC coverage of the march was non existent, and coverage of the days politics narrow and superficial.
ITV news, while not perfect, was on a different level. BBC is now unapologetically the propaganda arm of the tory party, and will do all it can to prop it up and further it's aims.

It was covered on Newsnight and they spoke about the hundreds of thousands of marchers.

Watched the rolling news from a bit before 9 to turning it over to ITV at 10, and the nearest they got to it was some footage of rees smug getting heckled, which the presenter inexplicably and unbiasedly called shameful. No film, no interviews, nothing. It might never have happened.

Watched the rolling news from a bit before 9 to turning it over to ITV at 10, and the nearest they got to it was some footage of rees smug getting heckled, which the presenter inexplicably and unbiasedly called shameful. No film, no interviews, nothing. It might never have happened.

There was definitely an agenda by tory politicians yesterday to try to paint the protesters as a mob.

There was definitely an agenda by tory politicians yesterday to try to paint the protesters as a mob.

That really is beyond disgusting given the racists, nationalists, nutters and assorted ex-UKIP knuckle-draggers the Conservative party currently panders to.

That really is beyond disgusting given the racists, nationalists, nutters and assorted ex-UKIP knuckle-draggers the Conservative party currently panders to.

There was one interviewed on BBC in the lobby of Westminster hall/parliament (where they do the interviews) Baker I think, and his parting shot was 'I'll need to go now and fight my way out of the mob outside'. Or something like that and that Mogg shit walked through the protesters with his son, obviously trying to provoke a reaction.

No doubt there was a bit of an effort to try and generate some noise by sending Mogg out. The Sun put out a video on Youtube. Real struggle to hear the 'abusive'. Given the size of the crowd anything could have happened but it was nothing stuff compared to the types who abuse Gina Miller. Seems scraping the barrel stuff.
Sammy DUP was on RTE radio today. They will be back on the Tory fold asap once the noise dies down. Too much to lose staying out.

When you see the size of the remain protests compared to Farage's Brexit meet a mate meetups very difficult to understand the Tories just ignoring it.

Boris's great deal will get through that seems pretty certain no matter how many more weeks it takes to get over the line.

I’m still in a state of shock and physical repulsion that Sky is unquestionably better on the detail and less biased than the BBC! I watch it as my default TV news now, topped up with C4 and Newsnight. I’ve all but given up on BBC News 24 and Politics Live.

Throughout my entire time on this forum I have consistently lambasted the BBC for its piss poor and biased political journalism.

Every week it gets worse. The BBC is infested by middle class posh people who went to the right universities after a comfy upbringing in pleasant homes in leafy villages and prim towns. These people have had comfortable existences from birth and they know nothing of the real world. Their output and their bias is never challenged within the organisation because it’s not noticed. How can it be when they’re all the same.

Ch4 news shines like a beacon. Sadly, very few people watch it. Millions though are brainwashed every day by the BBC, the voice of the establishment. Go figure.

*NB. Yes, I did work for the BBC for a couple of years.

Sky don't have to be totally impartial, same with any news channel you watch the content and decide for yourself what your opinion is.

(Unless of course you can't think for yourself and believe everything that comes out of the magic picture box like the 52%)

Boo yawn boo to the Big Lebowski (one of my favourite Cohen brother characters/films btw) you know better than that.

To add a bit of perspective and in an effort to combine both subjects: telly and brexit.

My previous father in law was a radio/tv engineer starting in the 1950s when the public purchased sets for the coronation. A very bright chap who can turn his hand to most things - plumbing, heating, domestic electtrics. Yep you guessed it, he voted Leave. Also, he doesn't have a racist bone in his body. Go figure.

Rachel

Boo yawn boo to the Big Lebowski (one of my favourite Cohen brother characters/films btw) you know better than that.

To add a bit of perspective and in an effort to combine both subjects: telly and brexit.

My previous father in law was a radio/tv engineer starting in the 1950s when the public purchased sets for the coronation. A very bright chap who can turn his hand to most things - plumbing, heating, domestic electtrics. Yep you guessed it, he voted Leave. Also, he doesn't have a racist bone in his body. Go figure.

Rachel

Your point being what?

Oh its Harry. That was quick - don't you have anything better to do on a Sunday afternoon in late October?

You could spend some time with the family or catch the Liverpool/Man U game this aftie or just go down the pub maybe.

I shall await a reply from the Big Lebowski.

Oh its Harry. That was quick - don't you have anything better to do on a Sunday afternoon in late October?

You could spend some time with the family or catch the Liverpool/Man U game this aftie or just go down the pub maybe.

I shall await a reply from the Big Lebowski.

Mmmm let me see . . .

Well, I started the day taking my two dogs for a walk along the beautiful beach near where I live. Then I came back and got my bike ready and met my cycling teammates. Did a 70-odd mile ride including very nice cafe stop.

Now I’ve had a shower and a bite to eat I’m relaxing before calling in to see my two grandsons. Then I’ll be going out to watch my musician son who has a gig tonight.

I’d imagine you’ve done the square root of f@ck all today.

PS You really do need to bin that profile pic ;-)

Rees-tosspot may be lots of things but he’s not stupid and he is pretty media savvy.

Not only did he choose to walk past the protesters, knowing full well that he’d get abuse but he decided to manipulate that situation to his advantage by taking his young son with him.

If Rees-Smegma had been abused on his own there’d be some who’d think good and some think bad. By having his son with him he simply worked the numbers and he new the media would fall for his trick. He’s a piece of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back